Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?

Since KTM cut it's ties with Polaris and they only have to give Polaris motors till 2010,do you think the Outlaw is doomed?Now,the only way I see it staying alive is if Polaris brought back the 500cc fuji motor.But that does'nt even put out as much power as the KTM engine.So, the only way I see the Outlaw surviving is if Polaris has Fuji build them a bigger motor.What do you guys think?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

Since KTM cut it's ties with Polaris and they only have to give Polaris motors till 2010,do you think the Outlaw is doomed?Now,the only way I see it staying alive is if Polaris brought back the 500cc fuji motor.But that does'nt even put out as much power as the KTM engine.So, the only way I see the Outlaw surviving is if Polaris has Fuji build them a bigger motor.What do you guys think?</end quote></div>

Hey look at the bright side at least they have Bobcat to supply there engines now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
http://www.polarisindustries.c...StrategicAlliance.aspx

Maybe a new Diesel power XP now that would be cool as long as they incorporate a turbo into it!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris is making there own engines now as sell. That development has come a long way since the intro of the 700 in 2002. You never know what you might see. I do know the sport segment of the market is weak compared to the utility quads. Sport quads make up 5% or maybe a little less.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ncriderforks

Polaris is making there own engines now as sell. That development has come a long way since the intro of the 700 in 2002. You never know what you might see. I do know the sport segment of the market is weak compared to the utility quads. Sport quads make up 5% or maybe a little less.</end quote></div>

Polaris does make there own engines but only the twin cylinder ones (850,800,700). The 550 found in the XP is still built by FUJI Industries or AKA Subaru/Toyota!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris is making there own engines now as sell. That development has come a long way since the intro of the 700 in 2002. You never know what you might see. I do know the sport segment of the market is weak compared to the utility quads. Sport quads make up 5% or maybe a little less.</end quote></div>

Polaris only makes their own twins. All of the singles are made by Fuji. And the sport segment accounts for roughly 30% of the market. Hey Dodge57hemi, a diesel XP????? How about a Hemi XP now that would be cool.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

As long as it's an actual hemi and not just a badge that says "hemi".

Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: plumbob

As long as it's an actual hemi and not just a badge that says "hemi".</end quote></div>

Funny how just about every v8 engine out there is using the same design tho hu!

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

Polaris only makes their own twins. All of the singles are made by Fuji. And the sport segment accounts for roughly 30% of the market. Hey Dodge57hemi, a diesel XP????? How about a Hemi XP now that would be cool.</end quote></div>
Actually the AC 1000 is about as close to a Hemi design there is. Take a look at it sometime. AC even admits to using the Hemi design when they released the bike!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roa...1000_h2_atv/index.html

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: plumbob

As long as it's an actual hemi and not just a badge that says "hemi".</end quote></div>

Not sure how you meant that. The badge that says hemi on my truck means a real hemi underhood. My kawaski lawn mower engine use "hemi head". Arctic cat H 1 is "hemi headed" If you mean like old hemi yeah I have one of those to that dynos at 630 HP @ 4850 RPM to the rear wheels. You know Dodge and Polaris had a partenership back in 2000? ALL marketing.

Edit yeah dodge I started typing and left for a while then finished and reply and there I just read your post and yep that is true. Also any that have an H have the hemi design. For everyones info just because the spark plugs run through the center of the valve cover does not mean it is a Hemi. The combustion chamber has to be hemispherical. And if you say Hemi you should be talking chrysler cause they own that trademark.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

Ford had a Hemi.The 1969 Mustang Boss 429 utilized Hemispherical combustion chambers,that motor though never got the fan fare of the Chrysler motors.

Quick Reply: Do you guys think the Polaris Outlaw is dead?