Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

As Polaris customers what would you??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As Polaris customers what would you??

Not yet Dougxxxx, but then again I hadn't had the opportunity to push real snow. I suspect I will be in the same company as you all when I reach that point based on all these reports. - IMO

R'

Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Malibu:
Don't hold you breath waiting for Polaris to read this let alone giving a ****.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
R
I'll have to get back to you on that one.
But I think I'll reinforce after seeing how twisted it got the first time.
I'd hate to have to replace the brushguard for what they want for it.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

a new outlaw sport quad . it would be a 500cc 2stroke on the irs frame. it would destroy all. then the haters would have something new to complain about [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JayJaysp800
HIGHOCTANE, Blows the old one out of the water, ouch!! I didn't think the " OLD " sportsman was that bad! So if no power steering what makes it so much better to turn? What Sportsman did you have before, that was so slow and harder to turn??</end quote></div>

JayJay - it isn't that the old Sportsman was all that bad (I had an '05 SP700) but like HO said, the XP blows the old Sportsmans out the the water as far as handling. It really is that much better. You really have to ride one to understand. I bought the first one sold here in New Hampshire. I made the mistake of letting MrsBMQ ride mine near the end of a long outing. Keep in mind, she had been on a Griz WITH power steering - we had done 90 miles already, & I let her ride mine the last 17 miles back to the truck. That was Sunday. The next Friday we had a second XP. The EPS Griz definitely steered easier than my XP, & I still had to buy another XP WITHOUT EPS for MrsBMQ cuz it handled so well. The XP was not quite as easy to steer as the Griz, but add the comfort & handling of the XP and it blows away the Griz, never mind the older Sportsman.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

Well, it looks like you just bought a new XP, so why don't you tell us what you think of it. Does it have enough power to do what you need? does it ride as well or better then the last model? If you have had a one, how does it stack up to the quad you've owned berfore? does it have power steering? how do you like that over man power steering?</end quote></div>

I think the XP is an incredible machine! Yes, i do have power steering and it works exceptionaly! Though i haven't had the chance to use it with the plow it will be nice to have when i do! Polaris's engineering and thoughtfulness in maintenance and checking of fluids is great! It's very comfortable to ride and has plenty of power!
However being a single thumper it is rougher at idle than other quads that are single thumpers.
The last quad was a Suzuki Eiger and it wouldnt be fair to compare each other cause they are day and night different. Eiger is a very smooth and reliable machine but it didnt have the same or as many features as the 550XP.
The 550XP will do everything i need and more. It will do just fine on trails, plow snow around my house, get me where i need to go and more. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Douginmichigan

[img][/img]

Malibu:

Don't hold you breath waiting for Polaris to read this let alone giving a ****.</end quote></div>

Maybe so, but i thought it would be a good topic to post and discuss.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Hey malibu, You'll love the EPS for plowing. I used to take care of my 100 accounts without on my hondas. (Made for big arms though.) The idle smooths out considerably with 100 hours of beating. I like the idle better than my Hondas, of coarse the deeper toned exhaust makes it sound like it has a pair.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Pro Rider

The XPs blow the old Sportsmans out of the water..no comparison..

Mine is not a power steering model..but even without PS it steers WAY easier than the older Sportsmans..

Really it is a totally diffierent machine..all is better..the only thing that reminds me of my last Polaris is the shifter..and while that may fit on the previous Sportsmans it sticks out on the XP like putting a manual window crank on a new Mercedes.</end quote></div>

HIGHOCTANE, Blows the old one out of the water, ouch!! I didn't think the " OLD " sportsman was that bad! So if no power steering what makes it so much better to turn? What Sportsman did you have before, that was so slow and harder to turn??</end quote></div>

JayJay,
The XP doesn't have the old McPherson strut system like the older sportsmans do, Polaris changed to a double A-arm system and moved the the ends out further to the center of the wheel instead of being on the inside edge of the wheel like the older ones. This dramatically improved the ease of steering and reduced the kickback you feel when riding.
The Low range on the XP is much higher than the older models, I think up to 37 MPH. I,m not sure about the top end but I think the XP is probably a little faster.
I think HO's last Quad was an 800sp so he has a direct comparison for his opinion.

Sorry HO, I'm not trying to answer for you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I still want a Polaris Sportsman Big Boss 6x6 800 EFI with a folding seat setup like the X2 has and a gas tank the size of the X2. That's my dream machine. Power steering would probably be nice to have too.

Quick Reply: As Polaris customers what would you??