Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

As Polaris customers what would you??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As Polaris customers what would you??

Right, but I've heard nothing about Polaris backing these dealerships. Or even getting a satisfactery response from the Polaris Corp. They just pass the buck to the dealerships. And if your as unlucky as I've been dealing with this dealership owner, it doesn't say much for Polaris Corp. And their 6 month warranty is F*%#ed! I got a longer warranty on my car that was a year old and used. This Polaris I bought was a year old and new.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Been poking around on the other forums. Not seeing anyone complaining about other ATV Corps. So I guess Polaris gets the Gold Star for being the Biggest Loser Corp. when it comes to customer support.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

i own a 06 sportsman 800 thats only run about two months since new i think when ya get one this bad they should do something other than say owell iam pissed i thing polaris is total **** and will never get one again i tell all my friend about what thay did for me nothing!i payed $11000 and now i spent about $3000 in parts and labour and i still have a peace of **** so ya i got to say i hate you polaris

Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an 06 Hawkeye, best thing polaris could improve on is customer service and warrenties. Last year i noticed my rear wheels tilting at an odd angle, after a close inspection..i found the front suspention mounts on both sides broken off of the frame. How the rear mounts didnt break under the additional stress i dont know. anyway....i took it to the dealer , they took pics and sent them to polaris th see if they wouldn't warrenty the repair (seeing as it was an engineering defect). Polaris said that it was outta warrenty that it was my prob. it cost $280 for the section of rear sub frame...doing the work myself. The new part came it, the front mounts that broke were double reinforced on the new frame piece. Polaris knew of the weak design and fixed it for new bikes....however says im S.O.L. for my bike. I ride mostly dirt roads, and dried river beds there was no reason for this item to break. In reflection i serriously doubt ill ever by a Polaris product again. Its truly sad the way that company treats customers. P.S......that was only the most recient prob ive had with this bike

Last edited by HawkeyeRider; 04-16-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: misspelld word
Old 04-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

Better warranty, 6 months is BS..
I thought the fuel efficeincy of my 500 HO ATP was bad, the new 800 EFI is terrible. It's not that you are spending a ton of money on gas, it's just that I want to ride further than 45 or 50 miles on a tank.
Split brakes, it amazes me that Polaris spent a jillion dollars developing ADC when they could have had managed a very similar effect by just putting split brakes on the Sportsman.
I love the RZR, and I would have bought one instead of my Sportsman if it had one feature. A real dumping cargo bed, it could be a small one, like on the X2 or ATP, I don't need a huge bed, but I do want it to dump.
Outside of that I love my 800 EFI and the 500 HO ATP I had before it.
Q

Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by QBall
I love the RZR, and I would have bought one instead of my Sportsman if it had one feature. A real dumping cargo bed, it could be a small one, like on the X2 or ATP, I don't need a huge bed, but I do want it to dump.
Outside of that I love my 800 EFI and the 500 HO ATP I had before it.
Q

I wondered why they didn't go the dump box root like the X2 and ATP also. We use them alot.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, 6 months is rediculous. I have an 06, which i bought new and now has a touch over 500 miles on it. It did the roll pin chisel thing.
I don't mind the warranty so much as the lackluster service/cooperation I see at my polaris dealer. It seems like you could practically melt your honda/yamaha bike down, sell it for scrap and your dealer will recycle and rebuild it for you. Slight exaggeration, but you get what i mean.

But ultimately, for me, it was the product that i wanted and that is what i got.

I checked the first 4 pages, so i'm not sure if anyone recommended this.

Research a bullet proof, non-belt driven transmission and offer it on at least one high end model. For bragging rights and to shut people up.
I believe this would kill two birds with one stone also because, from what i read, the "drivetrain slop" is from the clutch. The elimination of those noises would most definitely be noticed and draw people in.