Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my 911ep led stars, wireing and so on.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 911ep led stars, wireing and so on.....

ok. well here are the pics of the lights i have on my polaris....

all my lights are powerd out of 2 connectors under the front head light pod circled in white. do not use the white wires circled in red. it dose funky stuff.
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  92.4 KB
my fuse block. so if somethin would short out. i can easly change the fuse. i wired the fuse block so the each of the white circled wires from the orange/white and orange atv power 3 of the fused slots. so i have a total of 6 fused spots.
Name:  DSC00469.jpg
Views: 6411
Size:  185.8 KB
here is the fuse block with it installed and labeled (the labels have changed since this pic). i fused my equipment as follows from the top down:
winch 3amp
led flasher 5amp
future use
911ep ls12 5amp
hand warmers 10amp if i rember correctly
thumb warmers 5amp if i rember correctly
Name:  DSC00552.jpg
Views: 3005
Size:  117.2 KB
4 of the led stars are standard stars "aka dumb star" they do not flash on there own. the flasher is mounted right behind the red circle
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  92.4 KB
and the pics of the "dumb stars
rear
Name:  DSC00554.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  100.9 KB
Name:  DSC00558.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  99.0 KB
Name:  DSC00504.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  101.0 KB
front. i also by accedenty cut out the front winch cover just right so then i mounted my lights to it. perfect spot. up out of the way. all the led stars have a factory plug on them about 5" from the light. all the wires are run along the winch power cables
Name:  DSC00488.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  80.5 KB
Name:  DSC00500.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  137.5 KB
Name:  DSC00551.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  74.7 KB
also after my job let me go i added side lights to it. these are knowen as smart stars. they flash on ther own. and are not wired to the flasher. but to the switch. all the rear light wires are run along the stock harness to under the front headlight pod.
Name:  DSC00005-5.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  109.8 KB
my switches. the left are the hand and thub warmers. the switches on the right of the speedo. the one on black switch is for the work lights, and the bottom smaller switch is for my 911ep flashing lights. i will be changeing those switches to the ones like the hand/thumb warmers. becuse i want to have all the switches look alike. also one switch will turn on my rear work lights, turn them off, or have them come on in reverse. the other switch will be for my flashers and thinking brake taill light kill.
Name:  DSC00004-3.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  84.2 KB
i also have a 911ep ls12 mounted on the back under the "trunk". it flashes when my lights are on, and is also a 3rd brake light function. i also made the same mount to hold my reg/plate
Name:  DSC00557.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  86.6 KB
heres the fuse block with the front rack installed
Name:  DSC00553.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  110.8 KB
video. ther not up to date "yet"

all pictures with a buss and a police car in the back ground are from when i first got my wheeler. the pics where its in the snow are about a month old.

questions comments are welcom

thanks
chuck

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Untitled.jpg (92.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you use it for rescue work .....Or just did the wiring for you own use/fun?
..........Caper.........

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

i use to wire police cars and other emergency car/truck. i did it for 1/2 fun, and 1/2 for plowing snow. i also like to wire and build things

chuck

Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Me too I am a maint. Electrician at a Brass Forging Plant.........I took things apart when I was a kid and if I could not get it back together ,I would hide all the parts under my bed..............Just ask my mother about the new waffle maker she bought!!!....LOL...LOL..........Caper.......

Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

wow sounds lie a copy of me. when i was a kid and i got something electronic for christmas or my birthday. within a week id have it apart. figuring out how it worked. well after sometime the first thing they said when i got it was "dont take it apart" lol. and im still like that to this day. cept insted of cheap toys its now tvs, vcrs, etc. and most of the time it gets back togetter, and evon some of the time i have fixed it. i like to fix things....

chuck

Old 03-28-2009, 11:55 PM

Just don't start taking the 2008 Sp 500 apart .........JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!!!!!!...........LOL...........Caper.........

Old 03-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

dont worry. the closet iv came to to take that apart was all the plastic removed along with the racks and the tires. thats as far as im going. well for now. lol!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 AM
Range Rover

Nice wiring job.

Check out this thread (scroll down) the guy did a real nice job on his touring model - very elegant. Small turn indicators (I had to look at the photos a couple of times) and a very nice handlebar switch.
Lighting Thread

I ordered the switch, LED bulbs for the work lights, 3 light mod, horn, etc on Friday, so hopefully will get them in next week.

I'm also seriously thinking of doing a HID upgrade for the headlights.
HID Thread
eBay store for Polaris HID

When it comes to lighting we can go nuts. For late night camp set-up in the wilderness I've even thought about a LED Lamp post that would fit in the lock and ride mounts.

The biggest problem I have with the Sportsman is that any bag on the front rack blocks the head light. Some have the packs have low centers, but their side pods still block the lgiht if your turn it significantly.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

yup. iv seen that thread. i was thinking about adding turn signals to mine since there allowed in city limits. i was also thinking about wireing the turn signals into the rear brake lights like a car. the one od im forshure gona do the next time is somewhat warm and the sun is out here in mn is the reverse light mod. so i can either turn the woek lights on all the time/turn them off all the time/come on in reverse. i thought about the hid kit. but ill pass on that for now. and my whole wheeler is led cept the headlights. if i can replace a regular fillament bulb with a led ill do it!!!! less draw, and longer life. cant go wrong. may be a bit more $$$ but its worth it. but thats my thoughts.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i wounder how all those lights and electronics handle alot of mud/water. they hopefully are all sealer untis. looks good im sure though.

Quick Reply: my 911ep led stars, wireing and so on.....