Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 06:33 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Hondas top of the line big bore 680 makes only as much power as a mid size 500-550 SOHC motor,its time for Honda to realize the days of the OHV motor is dead and its time to move on. Heck ATVs moving to DOHC from SOHC now as we speak,so Honda better move it quick.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Pro Rider

I have a 660 Grizzly and love it, and 4 Polarises. I can't stop

Old 05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

My dad has two sportsman 500's. He has around 7000 miles on one, and 4000 on the other. He loves them and always has. I can't say that we haven't ever had to tow them out of the woods, but that was due to our own ignorance early on. If you don't maintain, you're bound to have problems. Plus, most of our riding was in the rocky areas of Windrock, Tn. That place is really rough on your equipment. But, they have held up and are still going strong.

Personally, I believe that many problems with these machines are caused by lack of maintenance and crappy dealerships...not the machines themselves.

If I were gonna buy a utility quad, I'd buy that red Sportsman 500 XP. I think it's really sharp.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I test drove the Grizzly 550 with EPS last fall at a big ATV/Snowmobile show up in NH. I liked it alot. Doesn't have the front storage my X2 has but was a very nice ride. If Yamaha ever comes out with a Grizzly made for 2-up riding it may be my next quad. Not that I've had any troubles with the X2 other than one minor issue. Great picks, Jack.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, The 550 Grizzlies are amazing bikes and im drooling AND counting down the days till i have one of my own in the back of my truck! Hey Jack, send that blue one down my way! Kk thanks!! Lol

Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

i have 3 popo s not running at this time and 1 kawie that is ....

Old 05-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

dont do it man i was at an atv rally a couple saturdays ago and two polaris's broke down just from normal trail riding. Id get one of the four japanese quads. Although honda are very reliable they dont have a locking front diferential on any of their quads so its not true 4wd. Check out your local suzuki dealer if i were you for both a reliable quad and one that includes the features u will want. go to the site below for 1000's of atv reviews and you will notice the 4 japanese brands are the top with suzuki being the highest

Reviews of Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile and Watercraft vehicles

Old 05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by kingquad400
dont do it man i was at an atv rally a couple saturdays ago and two polaris's broke down just from normal trail riding. Id get one of the four japanese quads. Although honda are very reliable they dont have a locking front diferential on any of their quads so its not true 4wd. Check out your local suzuki dealer if i were you for both a reliable quad and one that includes the features u will want. go to the site below for 1000's of atv reviews and you will notice the 4 japanese brands are the top with suzuki being the highest

Reviews of Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile and Watercraft vehicles
Thanks bro, I just got a pair of grizzlies 550's and I love them, the honda lacks power and features and the polaris didnt have a good enough track record for reliability for my tastes so I went and test road the acrtic cat / the king quad and the grizzly and here are my thoughts about those...I did not like the cat cause it was ugly but I loved the king quad and grizz...I bought the grizz cause it had power steering (and a 700 dollar rebate). I may upgrade to a 700 next year and if suzuki puts the power steering on their king quad then it will come down to a coin toss!!
Name:  mygrizzlies006.jpg
Views: 2677
Size:  77.9 KB

Old 05-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Jack mehoff
Hi gents, I am researching 4x4 atv's and am getting one this week, I love honda for their reliiability and resale value but my dealer has a ........
Jack Mehoff is right. This clown is a factory plant, trying to fend off possible XP converts. Nice try Jack Me.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Jack mehoff
Thanks bro, I just got a pair of grizzlies 550's and I love them, I may upgrade to a 700 next year !!
OK "bro". You're going to buy a new Grizzly 550 this year, then "upgrade' next year? Now there's a smart move. Nice try Yamaha guy. You think people are going to fool for this marketing? Ridiculous.

Quick Reply: polaris reliability?