Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

07 polaris sportsman. grinding when i flip AWD on

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having the same problem...

No ADC on my 07 Sportsman 500... Polaris sold me the wrong fluid for my model perhaps,as I have been using part number 2871654 Demand Drive fluid... it has gradually been getting worse but no grinding until I slow to stop in AWD and then it sounds like a brake it grabbing... I'll get the correct fluid as soon as the snow stops and get it changed...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

WHY DO YOU THINK,you dont have it?Dealer told me i didnt have it ,but he was wrong ,i do ,and it was doing the same thing after a fluid change.Just because you dont have the same all wheel drive switch as other years,thats becausethe switch aint the same.If you have the boost bottle [look inside your front box,inside that compartment ,where your radiater cap is]you have adc.
I put the regular old POLARIS front end fluid in mine ,and i swore the machine was coming apart.Demand drive lt fluid has now been replaced [by POLARIS]WITH a bottle that says PLUS on it.Iput it in and my noise [grinding]went away immediately.NOTE THE PLUS GOES IN THE DIFFERENTIAL,not THE BOTTLE
ALAN

Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default you are correct...

I do have ADC... I asked the dealer if the I had it cuz I didn't see the switch and he said no,when all the info I had read before I bought said all deluxe models had the ADC... So now I need to know how does the ADC work on my bike??? Just when in AWD??? that is what I presume since that is when the braking is occurring... I will get the "plus fluid"... If it continues I'll look into changing the ADC fluid and bleeding the air out... Thank you for the info I truly appreciate it...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

The ADC only works when in AWD on your bike. You can put in a switch to turn off the ADC when not needed. The 08's-up have that option 07's did not.. I did it to my bike to prevent unnecessary wear to the components. http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...ff-switch.html

Old 11-30-2010, 08:13 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The centralized Plastic roller cage is a weak spot on the 200.5 and up SP500s. Not as tough as the twin locking with two mtal roller cages. If some goes,it highly likesly the pastic roller cage.

There are aftermarket metal rooler cages. john deere front diff parts work

Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Eric24
I do have ADC... I asked the dealer if the I had it cuz I didn't see the switch and he said no,when all the info I had read before I bought said all deluxe models had the ADC... So now I need to know how does the ADC work on my bike??? Just when in AWD??? that is what I presume since that is when the braking is occurring... I will get the "plus fluid"... If it continues I'll look into changing the ADC fluid and bleeding the air out... Thank you for the info I truly appreciate it...
The stuff in the container by the radiator cap Is not the fluid to be changed [only added when needed]The plus stuff goes in the differential itself
Hex head plug is kinda hard to get to
ALAN

Old 11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I have change the front diff lube before...

I changed the front diff fluid last spring for the first time and notice it dragging slightly in AWD so I changed it 3 times total... I asked the dealer today how come i got demand drive fluid for the 07 and he stood there and didn't say ****... I do have the demand drive plus as of today but will get it changed in a day or two as my garage is full of snow,cold,wind,sunshine or clouds ect...

this dealer is better than the one who sold me the machine and said mine did not have the adc... I just got a rookie at the desk last spring,if they have to look it up in a book then be wary...

Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

this dealer is better than the one who sold me the machine and said mine did not have the adc... I just got a rookie at the desk last spring,if they have to look it up in a book then be wary...[/QUOTE]

It's sad when many of us (the consumer) know more about the quads than they do. C'mon now, if your going to sell a product you should at least know what the hell your selling/talking about! I've corrected sales people on more than one occasion due to their ignorance.