Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dealer respect

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Using a little common sense when riding can save you a lot of time, money and frustration in the long run! The dealers and service rep's deserve a big thank you for having to deal with folks like that and then treating the next customer as if nothing has happened! I'm not too sure I would have the patience to deal with idiots like that! They deserve all of our respect and gratitude!

Good post Funride!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Pro Rider

My son worked at a dealership and a guy came in wth an 800 and said the motor was locked up cause the oil plug fell out after my son serviced it, caused a lot of hard feelings all around, so the boy tore the bike apart and found the belt shredded and wrapped around the clutch is what stopped the motor, the owner had pulled the oil plug cause he thought he had blown it up, put new plug, oil and belt on and machine was fine. That customer is no longer welcome at dealership.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, Dealers have to put up with a lot, i drive over 70 miles one way to get to the dealer i work with, and they are helpful with all my problems, ive had a few issues with them, that they couldnt figure out what was wrong, but i have realized that it just does it when the quad gets really warm, and they don't have that kind of time just to ride around for that long, so its not really a big deal, there is a dealer closer about 35 miles, but the one i go to is the main dealer in our area, and can give a lot better deals!!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

I love my dealer.....

I bought 2 ATV's, 2 motorcycles, and snowsled from him....

I read on here about the rear brake pads being replaced for free, and he gave me a set before he looked into it....always helped with parts for my 87 Quadzilla, even though it took forever, and the best part.....

I got a flat on my motorcycle on the interstate, and he came out with a trailer to bring it in so I didn't F up my rim.....if we're wheeling in the pits and break a chain, need a plug, or to fix a tire, we go to his house and if he's home he'll help us out and tell us to just come back to the store to pay for whatever.

Can't beat it!!!

Oh, and I got a new clutch spring for my sled from the web and he had a mechanic swap it for free

Old 08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Respect

Love my dealer too. Best I had from them was my 05 800 I bought used(private party even) back in mid 06. Shortly after owning it I found the rollpin on the rear prop shaft had worked it's way out and gouged a hole in the transmission case. They got it covered by Popo and replaced the entire tranny with a new one at no cost!