Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OK HO lets have the low down :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Roofer
I'm not calling you a liar. Just may have some kind of glasses on, JK or maybe the Max is different.....

As a matter of fact I did exactly what you said when I sat on the XTP. It rolled terribly, but not as bad as my brute force when it was stock. If I have time this weekend I'll go look at one again so I can understand what you are saying a little more about certain things.
OK...I am officially saying you are full of **** and are straight up lying..unless maybe the XTP had no springs installed?...If that were true you would have said so sooner...but you found a post where someone else says the rode a 2010 and it had roll and now all of a sudden...you have 1st hand knowledge...
Guess my machine is one of a kind huh? I have sat on each side by side...and ridden them back to back....I'll give you an analogy,rocking the Outty is like trying to stand in the back of a truck and rock it while rocking the XP is more likened to rocking a swing bridge...
Why pray tell would I make it up???
Glasses???

I guess you are trying to get me to get myself banned? Well...you are doing a good job..bravo...keep up your lying

Old 09-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

HO, you've given us a great review. I appreciate it. I'm not brand loyal. At the moment, Polaris has the best package for my personal needs, so I ride Polaris. It sounds like you are appraoching your decision to go with the CanAm on the same basis and giving a good look at the differences and similarities that might help someone else make an informed decision. Keep up the good work and don't let brand loyal types get to you.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

Come on ROOFER, I agree with HO, go out and ride one for yourself. I don't know how anyone can post a less bias report and keep in mind it is because he was asked to not because he wants to discredit the XP. Lets keep to facts and skip the fiction part.
Take care
Dave

Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow I agree (:>

Originally Posted by 600Grizzly
Come on ROOFER, I agree with HO, go out and ride one for yourself. I don't know how anyone can post a less bias report and keep in mind it is because he was asked to not because he wants to discredit the XP. Lets keep to facts and skip the fiction part.
Take care
Dave
ROOFER!!!!!I agree. Less fiction/bulls_it. Forums are a learning experience for US all.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Alright guys, look at the first few posts Ho made and look at the latest ones. There is definitely bias there. Especially after he had the 850 sold.

I look for the facts. The post I mentioned and posted from another forum is from people who ride 100 miles at a time, not 4-5 miles at a time.

I am NOT brand biased. For the record I just sent a request to a dealer on a Red 2010 800XT.
I said in other forums in the past, pretty much the same things HO is saying. The 800 is a power house, but the front suspension sucks. I hope HO is right and they actually revised it, but other riders say different.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

. The 800 is a power house, but the front suspension sucks. I hope HO is right and they actually revised it, but other riders say different.

Now you are putting words in my mouth....all I said was is the front suspension rides and handles as well as the XP...the suspension is actually tighter,but not harsh...which to some may not be better...I like it better...I don't need super plush...that's my preference. As far as the suspension being "revised" I said that Kawifan had an 07 and said the 10's front suspension is better..and that the website shows a different shock number,and of course the a-arm change to facilitate the caster change...I agreed that the a-arm change could be soley a steering change...but caster can also affect handling right?
In any case..like I said if the 10's front end is as bad as the earlier ones and they suck...where does that leave the XP which has more roll when cornering and more dive when cornering and braking than the 2010 Max?

That post you mentioned was one guy riding one in a dealers parking lot,and he couldn't even say it the tires had the proper pressure in them...tire pressure will make a DRASTIC difference in handling with the thin stock tires...trust me...and the machines ship with next to no air in them..my money says the tires were not aired up to normal pressures...he even said "felt like the outside front tire really wanted to roll under the machine"
If you sat on an XT-P and rocked it and it "rolled terribly" I bet the tires had no pressure in them.
When they pulled mine out of the crate the tires looked a little low...but I never would have guessed the pressure wouldn't even register on a gauge and yes the thing felt mushy as hell...air up the tires to spec and it is a different machine...that goes for any thing with inflatable tires...
And then you found one post where a guy said "the only difference in the 09's and 10's is the DPS"...and you said "that is what I thought,but I hear the front end is different" or something to that effect...have you gotten and answer in either one of those threads where you asked those guys that ride 100 miles at a time about the 2010s? NO you have not....because unlike you they are not going to open their mouths and stick their foots in it...when they DON'T KNOW because they have't ridden one,or if they have it was in the dealers parking lot and might have had low tires..

Bottom line is...I DON'T KNOW that they have improved the front suspension,I never said that they did...all I said was it handles nicely IMO...not as plush as the XP...more of a tight sporty feel,with less roll and dive...and I like it..I also said before in this thread that my opinion may be the minority...and that others may RIDE one and hate everything I like about it...but that the opinions I give here are the honest truth as to how I feel whether popular or not. I am not a suspension expert,hmm said that before too, one of you 100 mile a day experts may totally disagree with me after riding one...that's fine...really doesn't matter to me....at least if they disagree I would hope they had ACTUALLY RIDDEN THE MACHINE IN QUESTION.

As for being bias..I am not..this is called being defensive...and you forced that with you smart *** remarks. I love how you keep bring up how much I do or don't ride...when have I claimed I ride thousands of miles a year?? When have I claimed to be an expert at anything? I like to think I have some natural mechanical skill....that is about it...
Nevermind the fact that I probably ride more than you....I have put a measely 60 miles on the Outty...not much and you call me out with smart remarks about how much I ride but one guy rides one at a dealer and says it rolls when cornering and all of a sudden I am the dummy? Unreal!!
BTW how many miles you have on that XP now? That is what I thought.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

BTW...for everyone else I will say that I have read a good bit about heat from the left side on the Outtys in general,and recently complaints from one who has ridden the 2010 likely nothing has changed in that area fromt the older ones...some say it has blistered their legs...not sure if it is more an std machine issue or what...but I haven't had a problem on the Max...I actually notice more heat from the right(non-exhaust) side on mine...but I still wouldn't say it is as bad as an 08 Sportsman 800...more heat than an XP though for sure.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot, this thread is about your opinion only.........

I have about 425 miles on my machine.

I'm sure I will get a response in time from the people who do go out and ride, but like you said it doesn't matter.....so why be so defensive? Telling me I'm wrong for what someone else says. Did you go and read the thread?

BTW, look at your posts......You did say that the suspension is "New front suspension geometry for 2010" and "the front suspension is different".

I'll let the whole post ride if all the info anyone wants, is one person's opinion......

Pisses you off when someone posts about a machine you have and they never even rode huh? Kinda the same thing I was telling your buddy DCT last year.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I forgot, this thread is about your opinion only.........

I have about 425 miles on my machine.

I'm sure I will get a response in time from the people who do go out and ride, but like you said it doesn't matter.....so why be so defensive? Telling me I'm wrong for what someone else says. Did you go and read the thread?

BTW, look at your posts......You did say that the suspension is "New front suspension geometry for 2010" and "the front suspension is different".

I'll let the whole post ride if all the info anyone wants, is one person's opinion......

Pisses you off when someone posts about a machine you have and they never even rode huh? Kinda the same thing I was telling your buddy DCT last year.

The "New front suspension geometry for 2010" was a quote from Can-Am, and the front suspension is different..FACT...now whether that makes it better or if you can call it "revised" I did not say...it is different though.
No it doesn't **** me off when someone does it...just you,becasue of my knowledge of your history of being an *** in general and the way you have to be such a smart *** in order to make your point....this has more to do with you than it does Polaris or Can-Am...you ran DCT off and I am ready to follow him...good day and good luck....not worth the stress....can't post a simple opinion without you having something friggin smart or snide to say about it....and now you are really on it because I guess you think everyone will back you up since you have a Polaris and I no longer do, and this is the Polaris forum...I bet you don't have many friends do you?

Ok...gotta got install my HIDs...later

BTW 425 isn't much at all is it? But heck let's see a pic of the odometer on the XP...Not calling you a liar...not hard to believe you have 425,that's not much in a year....but like I said for the heck of it. Haven't seen you post any pictures of anything in a long time.

Let me guess you'll say something smart about too busy riding to take pics..or I don't have to prove anything...or some other smart *** remark...

Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Don't pin DCT leaving on me, LOL. The last I posted to him was helping him out with some tires or something on aurora.

You're just a wimp.