Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

OK HO lets have the low down :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, speculation on the 2010's. The suspension is the same. The new A arms are probably because they moved the steering components, but I'm not sure. It would be nice to look at a 07-09 compared to the 2010 and really find out.

I sat on one for a good while, is that good? Just kidding. I gave a few compliments to the Bomb, give me a break.

I guess for right now, I'll take your word for it. There are very few out right now.

They have been made in Mexico for a few years now, but not exactly sure when they started. The pricing sure hasn't reflected that on new, but has on resale.....or so I have heard......

Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

I thnk I have a big part of the braking difference between the XP and the OUtty figured out. Last night while riding the Outty at high speeds something hit me(a thought)...a big part of the braking difference between the XP and the Outty,as simple as it seems, is the darn brake lever shape and position...the lever on the XP is closer to the grip for a longer run(from the master cyl) before it angles forward allowing me to grip it farther up on my fingers,more leverage. The Outtys lever is angled sooner(closer to the master cyl.) and angled farther forward away from the grip so I can get as much leverage on it unless I roll my hand off the grip...something so simple and I overlooked it at 1st. That isn't 100% the difference...but it is a big part of it IMO. On the XP I can fairly easily pull the the lever so far it almost toughes the handlebar...not so on the Outty,not nearly the leverage.
If you get a good grip on the lever so you can actually pull it she will stop pretty good,alot better than I first thought,but then I have to roll my hand way up almost on top of the grip. Guess I need to find a different lever.

Look at the difference in the brake levers...
Name:  photo-30.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  102.7 KB

Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Roofer so you don't have to take just my word for it about the suspension... how about this...here is a quote from canammaninmemphis on HL....

"HD.. The 2010 has better front suspension anyway. All you need is the bracket and tighten up the settings. The pipe lift on the back depends on how much you weigh and what you are going to be carrying. Mine only sags .25" with me on it so a pipe lift is not going to do much. 2010 Outlander 800r XT (yellow)- "

Here is his current and past quad list....
2010 Outlander 800r XT (yellow)-

Another 09 Outlander 800R (red)- Let the modding begin (SOLD ALREADY)

09 Renegade X 800R
A few extra goodies!!! (SOLD)

09 Renegade 800R
A few more goodies!!! (SOLD)

PAST QUADS
SEVERAL HONDAS (WHO CARES THERE GONE)!!!!
05 outty 400XT (SOLD)
08 Grizzly 700 (SOLD)
08 Brute force 750 (SOLD)
08 Outlander 800 (SOLD)
09 OUtlander 800R (SOLD)

Old 09-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Good lookin' CanAm.....I like the built on handguards with the mini handlebar fairing. It really cleans up the "busy" handlebar area......NoJoke

Old 09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Good lookin' CanAm.....I like the built on handguards with the mini handlebar fairing. It really cleans up the "busy" handlebar area......NoJoke
Thanks, I miss the pod light....but the handguards, fairing and awesome display kind make up for it. All the wiring,throttle cable and brake hoses are covered completely. Gives it a clean appearance.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Look like there is very little space to mount anything (gps, heated grip controller, Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word , etc) on the bars. My BF was very limited also. Or does the pic just give an illusion?

Old 09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
Look like there is very little space to mount anything (gps, heated grip controller, Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word , etc) on the bars. My BF was very limited also. Or does the pic just give an illusion?
There is about 3/4" of available bar on the right(between the throttle assy and the fairing)..and the bottom of the fairing is open...so depending on the mount...
For my GPS I just use the Garmin suction mount and attach it just above and forward of the seat on the plastics. With the surface clean it is pretty solid...and hasn't fell off.
I put my Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  on my person.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Check out this thread........ ATV Nation - Ride the Nation!

Snippet......

I stopped at the local Can-Am dealer on the way home from a ride Saturday, they had a '10 800 Max XT-P. Sharp looking machine btw. They let me take it for a test ride to try out the power steering, my first time on an Outie. The steering was nice, but the machine really seemed to roll on turns, felt like the outside front tire really wanted to roll under the machine. I have no idea if the tire pressures were up to snuff, or if the preloads were dialed in. Is this typical for Outies? It was just the opposite of the Gade, suspension seemed really soft with lots of roll, while the Gade is firm to the point of being harsh, with very little roll.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
Check out this thread........ ATV Nation - Ride the Nation!

Snippet......

I stopped at the local Can-Am dealer on the way home from a ride Saturday, they had a '10 800 Max XT-P. Sharp looking machine btw. They let me take it for a test ride to try out the power steering, my first time on an Outie. The steering was nice, but the machine really seemed to roll on turns, felt like the outside front tire really wanted to roll under the machine. I have no idea if the tire pressures were up to snuff, or if the preloads were dialed in. Is this typical for Outies? It was just the opposite of the Gade, suspension seemed really soft with lots of roll, while the Gade is firm to the point of being harsh, with very little roll.
Tires were flat or the guy is full of ****...go freaking ride one already....the body roll is non-exsistent compared to certain other machines...you can tell the difference before you ever move...just stand up and try to rock the machines...stop by your local Can-Am dealer and just sit on it,as you have said you did..but take it one step farther...stand up and try to rock the Outty...then go home and do the same on the XP.. No it doesn't have Elkas on it...neither does the XP...
I don't want to turn this into a bash fest...but that is waht you are after I guess...if the 2010 Outty Max's handling/body roll is bad then the XPs is HORRIBLE...

Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not calling you a liar. Just may have some kind of glasses on, JK or maybe the Max is different.....the longer wheelbase and more weight towards the rear may make it feel more stable and less roll than it really is.

As a matter of fact I did exactly what you said when I sat on the XTP. It rolled terribly, but not as bad as my brute force when it was stock. If I have time this weekend I'll go look at one again so I can understand what you are saying a little more about certain things.