Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

??? About Mini Quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Was Just Wondering If Any One Out There Ever Had Any Experince With The E-Ton Quads.Because I Can Buy A New 2001 AXL 90 For $1799 + Tax. Are They A Pretty Good Machine Or Should I Stay Away From Them And Get The Polaris Or Suzuki Mini Quad.Any Help Will Be Apreceated. 99 TB Clutch Kit And K&N Filter.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

I have an e-ton sierra 90, I think thats the dxl model, basically the same thing only I think the axl has no floor boards or lights. I think they are built pretty good I have had a few problems with mine though, for one all the body screws started to come off, sometimes I would hear them rattle and sometimes I woudnt and lost 2 of them before i decided to just loctite all of em. thats the first thing youll wanna do if you buy one is loctite all the body screws. Other than that the carb came lose, the electric starter quit working, and it started to pull a certain wire when I turned the wheel to the right that would stall it. All of these problems except for the electric starter I was able to fix at home. I think it may have just been put assembled poorly cause i have heard a few bad things about the dealer we got it from, plus I ride it like a sport quad which I know it wasnt made for. Once we got those little problems fixed though it has been running great for almost a year. Tops out at around 35 on a road with me on it (im only 130 lbs) Youll be hard pressed to find a quad of that size with an electric starter, floorboards, horn and lights for that price. I ride it very hard with my friends just about every weekend and have a whole lot of fun on it.

00 eton sierra 90
99 blaster

Old 02-21-2001, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer

I got the kids a polaris 90 and they love it ... the best thing is I can go to a real dealer if there is a problem.. which there has been none so far. I have seen to many dealers of the off brand machines go out of buisness so it is nice to go through a polaris dealer. It has good travel on the springs and lots of power. I can get on it and climb a good hill on it and I weigh about 190. The out put of the gen is enough that we put on a headlight and it runs great. The nice thing is the break light. When following the little burgers around you do not run into them becaus of the brake light. I give the polaris far better marks over the other 2 small machines I have had including the suzuki 80 and the yamaha 50.

good luck
realoldguy

Old 02-22-2001, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

I think my dealer quoted me $2000 for a 90sp.
I myself would spend a couple hundred more for a polaris.Besides.......It's got to be the coolest 90 out there

Old 02-22-2001, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Guys I Think Im Going To Stick With Polaris. Because Of Their Looks And Having Alot Of Dealers Out Their. Also Does Anyone Have A Scrambler 50 If So How Does It Run And Can It Go Out On The Trails Or Dosent It Have Enough Power Or Speed To Go Up A Little Hill. 99 TB Clutch Kit And K&N Filter

Old 02-23-2001, 08:01 AM
Range Rover

I bought my son a Sc 90 last fall. With all the snow he hasnt been able to ride much. The only problem is that the sending unit in the oil tank is bad. The oil light comes on when riding, seems to be the float. Dealer has new part nad will fix under warrantee. Other than that been a great ride.And ya its pretty cool looking too. Just like dads.....