Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2010 Sportsman 550 X2- $9K OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffRoaded
What are others seeing in terms of prices? Is my 8.4k a fairly good price, or could I have done much better? I also got an average of 15-20% off all the accessories I bought to go along with it... don't know if that's somewhat standard or not.

That don't sound too bad to me considering MSRP...there is a dealer in Ga that has them listed for $8099,but they usually have the lowest advertised prices in the country on Polaris' by a pretty good amount. My dealer has them at $8379. Seems like the Prices go up and down with the weather,actually it's the Polaris rebates/incentives I guess. One day it seems 8400 is a good price and the next 7999 is the going price,then a month later back up in price ect..

Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I paid my local dealer another visit this morning before work.

I played with the rear seat- going up/down with it. It seems to bind and make a loud "CLICK" going from the lowered position up with it. Seems like the bed has a slight dent in it which is making it touch in that one spot. Dealer said the dump body is flipped over during shipping and must be damaged as a result of that.

Then I flipped the bed into the dump position and found a torn seat where the seat meets the dump body!

Dealer assures me everything will be warranted but WOW that's a lot of damage on a new ATV imo.

Thanks for the price check guys. My dealer is stuck on MSRP right now with no discount.

MT

Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

FYI

Brand New 2009 Sportsman 500 EFI $6,100. No it's not an X2 just a basic ATV.

Is that a good deal?

Old 10-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mtpockets
FYI

Brand New 2009 Sportsman 500 EFI $6,100. No it's not an X2 just a basic ATV.

Is that a good deal?
$5599 around here..seems prices are very much location dependant....SE seems th have the lowest prices from what I have seen.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Highoctane,

I couldn't help but notice in your signature that you swapped your '09 850XP for a CanAm and was wondering your reasoning?

I've always had an eye for the CanAm's BUT the nearest dealer is WAY too far away.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

That's funny.....I'm trying to remember a recent thread........

Old 10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mtpockets
Highoctane,

I couldn't help but notice in your signature that you swapped your '09 850XP for a CanAm and was wondering your reasoning?

I've always had an eye for the CanAm's BUT the nearest dealer is WAY too far away.
Mainly because I wanted a 2up and the 850 Touring doesn't appeal to me. The Touring doesn't have the versatility I want while the Outlander Max does,not quite as versatile as an X2 but that isn't even a choice snce they don't offer it in the 850,nor with EPS...figure if I am going to upgrade might as well get PS...
I Polaris would have came out with an 850 X2 EPS...that is likely what I would have bought.
The Max is more versatile than the XP Touring,easily removable passenger seat which is replaced by a small included storage box,rear rack is larger even with the pass seat installed, and it has a better passenger seating position IMO(a little farther forward of the rear axle).
I too had an eye on the Outlanders for awhile but honestly the slow locking 4x4 system(Visco-lok) and the heavier steering of the Outlanders made the choice to buy the XP a no brainer for me. Once Can-Am came out with PS and the new Visco-lok QE both of those issues were non-exsitent and the decision to try the Can-Am became alot easier.
After putting some time on the Max if Polaris came out with a 850X2 EPS tomorrow...I would not have remorse at my choice. It would be a fine machine though....are you listening Polaris? lol

Old 10-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NoJoke
That's funny.....I'm trying to remember a recent thread........
LOL....I guess it was easy to miss....

Old 10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris boasts the X2 as the world's most versatile ATV........and with only two options, red or green.....that's it. Zip. With the load the X2 is able to carry, it would justify EPS for slow yard work and stuff. To me EPS on an X2 is a no brainer....and a couple of more color options. What would the MSRP be then....10,499.00?..... Anyway....HO....I agree, I hope Polaris is paying attention too.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It seems steep to me too. It doesn't even come with power steering either. I was thinking that 9-10 K would sound decent for an XP 850 X2 with power steering.
Yeah, I'd say 10K would be expected for an 850 X2 as ridiculous as that sounds. Nothing gets less expensive it seems even with a slackin' economy. One would think the price of steel is down and demand appears to be down, then the price would jump only slightly, if at all. Steel is like half the cost it was 2006.

Quick Reply: 2010 Sportsman 550 X2- $9K OMG!