Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need some help for buying a sportsman for export to Norway

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help for buying a sportsman for export to Norway

Hi all,

I recently decided to get myself an Polaris of some sort.
After a lot of browsing and reading itīs clear to me that what I want is an
Sportsman 500-800 EFI type, 2005 and newer.

Equipment wishlist:
Winch 2500-3500 lbs
Plough (not sure what to look for)
Tatou 4S

I have my father located in Rogers, Arkansas and he will handle the shipping to Norway for me. But I need some help to find a dealer/seller that can get me an good deal (also for shipping to Rogers,Arkansas) and not one that rip me off.

Any idea what would be a reasonable price for the above setup?

Thanks for any help.

Einar.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Trailblazer

Ground shipping a car or truck from Boston to Arkansas is about $1300. I know it's not what you're looking for but maybe it will give you an idea. Good luck!

Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ouch, that was expensive.
Better off finding a dealer in Arkansas then, I guess

Old 10-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

You can do much better than that for an ATV...I sold my Sportsman 850 to a guy in Norway..he had it shipped from my house in North Carolina to a port in South Florida for $300...he used Uship.com Basically you post the shpment and shippers bid on it...you can get awesome deals because you can find a shipper that won't have to go far out if his way,if at all, to transport your machine and therefore will do it alot cheaper than contracting out a shipping company.
IIRC he said it cost him about $1000 total for shipping to Norway. Must have been on a slow boat though lol...took him quite a while to get it...like 6 weeks IIRC.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Rutcutter lives down in that part of Arkansas. He got an awesome deal on his 09 850 xp Browning. I would try and PM him.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

I would have your dad purchase a new one near a shipping port and have the dealer package it and deliver to the dock. As part of the package for the bike ask the dealer for a 20% discount on parts, that is reasonable. I'd recommend several years of filters, plugs, belts and ADC fluid and those packed in the crate. This way you'd have most everything that you would need at your home. You probably should research the shipping first, research price and then make a deal with the local dealer near the shipping port when you have the logistics worked out. I'm not sure how much assembly is needed when the bike is delivered to the dealer, but negotiate a discount for him to leave it in the original shipping container. Use that money to have it assembled in Norway.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by noooooo
I believe Rutcutter lives down in that part of Arkansas. He got an awesome deal on his 09 850 xp Browning. I would try and PM him.
Thanks for the tip, but I guess a 09 850 XP would kill my budget ;-)

Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the feedback guys. My father is bringing with him a lot of stuff back to Norway, so we are gonna ship everything together.

I won a bid on Ebay on a 2004 Sportsman 500 for $2700 in Cabot, AR. My father will drive down and get it. Hopefully itīs a ok machine.

I will supply it with a winch, new tires, plow and Tatou 4S.

What kind of plow do I go for, I want to use it together with the belts and I want it to be easy to mount and dismount.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'd stongly reccomend reading some recent posts about the new Warn Provantage plow, it is a quick connect, and is very durable, and also many people like the moose rapid mount 3

Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Iīve been reading about the new Warn ProVantage plow and realy liked it, especially with the power-pivot. My only consern is that the 04 Sportsman 500 only can use the Plow Base for use with center plow mounting kits without possibilities to be used together with the tatou 4s tracks. Iīve contacted Warn about that.

Iīve also looked at the Swisher solution, which I also liked.
I need to find the system that can be used togther with the Tatou 4S tracks on that ATV.

Quick Reply: Need some help for buying a sportsman for export to Norway