Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II plow any good??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier2

I have had a G2 w/60 Razor for 3 seasons, use is residential only. I have had nuttin but good things to say about it but again, I only use for my driveway my access rd, which is about 200 yds and straight. Since there is a new, beefed up version, no reason to buy the old one. I would add, for my use, the Glacier 2 has been perfect. For longer driveways or commercial use, I could see the limitations on the strength, however, like most toys, how you going to use it is key. Commercial, buy something stronger. Just for your house, buy the Glacier 2 system!

On the Razor Blade, anyone add rubber on the top? Got Pics? Although we only got 6-7 inches in Wilton, Ct sat night, the snow was light and I have been throwing around the idea of trying to add some stiff rubber across the top. The holes are pre-drilled.

Good luck.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by mtpockets
YES, there is a newly re-designed Glacier II ATV mount. I just bought one yesterday and had it installed. Time will tell if it is strong or not.

I will be quite vocal if it's just as bad as the old G2 plate.

BTW, the new plate has a extra rib welded along the perimeter of the bottom of the plate. It's easy to see the difference between the two.

IF you guys are going to take a chance and buy the G2 set-up, just be sure to get the newly re-designed plate!
Are there any pics of the new type of mounting plate out there? I've had my G2 on my X2 for a couple of years now and no problems for me yet, knock on wood...

Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Ditto on the pics and of course I am just using this for the first time. Hope it doesn't bend up on me. Question even IF my hasn't bent up yet would dealers still be willing to replace my old plow frame?

Thanks,

R'

Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Ditto on the pics and of course I am just using this for the first time. Hope it doesn't bend up on me. Question even IF my hasn't bent up yet would dealers still be willing to replace my old plow frame?

Thanks,

R'
They'll replace anything you're willing to pay for. There's not a recall or anything on it.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
DCT
Banned

Originally Posted by FunRide
I got a Moose plow for my XP and bent it in half the first season. I've heard Polaris redesigned the Glacier II, but who knows.
If it was the Moose version of the Glacier II I'm not surprised. They look to be made by the same manufacturer.

To be honest, right now, I'm not impressed with anything Polaris makes.