Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850 needs new ecu??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SaukFJ
Having similar problems with mine. Used it for plowing last week for the first time. Noticed that 4x4 didn't engage always when going from forward to reverse. Didn't notice the icons. Most of the time it was during hard use - putting in reverse and hitting the throttle. Seamed that if I was backing out at a slow speed it would engage. Sucks when you see both back wheels turning and nothing in front! Scheduled to take it in for the steering/front suspension recall (when parts are off backorder!) and to fix the bent Glacier II plow frame. Will have them check the ECU as well. thanks for the post.
Did you bend a plow mount on a XP?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Can somebody with a 550 check to see if there awd icon stays on when in nuetral or park?? My 550( a 09) and the dealers 550 ( a 10) awd light stays on all the time when the switch is in awd no matter what you do with the shifter. If the 850 switches out for a second or so whenever going from forward to reverse that is a crappy set up. Of all the people on here who plow you must of realized what a pita this is?? I never had this issuie with past sportsmans, But I also had to hit the yellow button(also a pita). This is my first real grip about the xp, other than this I have loved the machine so far...

Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I checked my 500 this morning while plowing. It does the same thing......4x4 icon goes out while switching gears through neutral.

Could this have anything to do with the throttle?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by dslanec
Can somebody with a 550 check to see if there awd icon stays on when in nuetral or park?? My 550( a 09) and the dealers 550 ( a 10) awd light stays on all the time when the switch is in awd no matter what you do with the shifter. If the 850 switches out for a second or so whenever going from forward to reverse that is a crappy set up. Of all the people on here who plow you must of realized what a pita this is?? I never had this issuie with past sportsmans, But I also had to hit the yellow button(also a pita). This is my first real grip about the xp, other than this I have loved the machine so far...

I have a 550xp and Ill check it out for you.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by malibu94
I have a 550xp and Ill check it out for you.
Thank you....Let me know....I was at the dealer today and there was a 10 850 there. It also went out of awd while going through nuetral. I really wonder why the 550( the 2 i tested so far) stays in no matter what????

Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
I checked my 500 this morning while plowing. It does the same thing......4x4 icon goes out while switching gears through neutral.

Could this have anything to do with the throttle?
The pre xp's all do that because there is no awd untill you hit the override button.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

The pre xp's all do that because there is no awd untill you hit the override button.
I have the override disabled using a switch.

I'm pretty sure they all do the same thing as I stated in my first post in this thread.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you....Let me know....I was at the dealer today and there was a 10 850 there. It also went out of awd while going through nuetral. I really wonder why the 550( the 2 i tested so far) stays in no matter what????

To follow up:

I was on mine (550xp) today plowing and the AWD icon stayed on when in Park and Neutral.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by malibu94
To follow up:

I was on mine (550xp) today plowing and the AWD icon stayed on when in Park and Neutral.
Thanks for the update. Now I need to figure out why the 550 stays in and if it is possible to make the 850 do the same...I will let you know what I find out...