Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

lets see how well my polaris well hold up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets see how well my polaris well hold up.

well at the start of the snow fall this winter i had 3 places to plow at 1". & just got 8 more on thursday to plow at 2"s. im getting $30-$45 per plow. i just need afew more. i hope the polaris holds up to all this work. when it snows.

happy new yr all!!!!

chuck

Old 01-01-2010, 06:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think it will be fine. just make sure to keep the battery good and charged as thats alot of winch using.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice little part-time job you got there...getting paid to ride your bike? win-win! i think for the most part any machine will hold up if you take care of it. have fun!!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Well said. Maintenance and proper clean storage is the key with ATVs, boats and any other equipment.

I worked at a boat shop through college for years and found 95% of marine equipment problems were cause by the idiots that owned them - not the type, size or brand.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Hope you have insurance for that part time work. A buddy of mine found out the hard way that to be legal, you must be insured.....should also have tax ID, etc...

Old 01-01-2010, 02:37 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Make sure you change you front diff and rear transmission fluids after plowing season due to the additional stress of plowing.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:59 PM
DCT
Banned

Chuck,

Roofer is right... be careful. If you damaged something on someones property... you are liable. There are some real finicky jerks in this world.

Plus, if Uncle Sam finds out... the IRS can make you life miserable. Once they find out, their cronies from the state & local government are soon to follow.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

im more or less worried about the cv joints, and the belt and what not. im well aware of Maintenance and what not. i had my last wheeler 8yrs 7000miles and didnt have no issues. cept the cv boots on it the last 3yrs and last few monthes i had it it wouldnt go over 25-30mph on a flat surface. and 90% of its life was just driveing. the last about 2yrs of it 10% of its life spent plowing. quess ill have to see.

cash talks. and aslong as i report the ones who pay with a check at the end of the yr as self employed. they cant say jack crap about it. but that all depends if they pay or not. plus then i can wright off mileage, gas, and so on. plus a new shovel as i broke my last one.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
cash talks. and aslong as i report the ones who pay with a check at the end of the yr as self employed. they cant say jack crap about it. but that all depends if they pay or not. plus then i can wright off mileage, gas, and so on. plus a new shovel as i broke my last one.
Just so you know, my bro-in-law does this also with his atv. The atv wrote off had to be 100% use for work. he had to buy a separate atv for riding trails and hunting. Careful what you do. Some people get mighty upset if their rose bushes are plowed over, or their sod plowed up, or their car gets dinged.

My buddy who got in trouble hit a manhole cover in a parking lot. No insurance. He had to pay the city out of pocket to fix, plus a fine. It's the same as any other service, insurance is a must to be legal, although many homeowners/businesses aren't aware to ask for it.

There is a reason most legitimate businesses charge what they do.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

yup im well aware of all that.

how big of an atv did he have to take out a man hole cover? there has to be more to that that ones saying??? im not doing parking lots. i also ask if there is anything hidden. i also for warn thet its possable to take up some grass. but i will offer to fix it for free. seed/sod is cheap..... i also dont get close enough to a car, as i shovel around it..... and i have evon shoveled the drives. this is why i broke my shovel..

Quick Reply: lets see how well my polaris well hold up.