Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I need more POWER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need more POWER!!!

I have a rotating beacon, the 3 light mod, and a sealed beam light on on my quad all at one time. The battery light comes on. I need all those lights on at once. Can i put a second battery on to stop this?? What do i need to do this? Thanks

~Polaris ma with Issues

Old 02-05-2010, 01:54 AM
DCT
Banned
Old 02-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think people still don't understand that even w/ 2 batteries the charging system still won't handle the draw from all access. that is being hooked up to the bike. imo

Old 02-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

By adding a second battery all you are doing is buying time. How much time depends on the size of the battery. If you are plowing why do you need all three headlights on at once? Maybe try and find an LED beacon. LEDs draw less current.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:32 AM
Trailblazer

What you really need is to make more power, to do that you will likely have to replace the stator. There is a company east of Montreal who specializes in replacement stators, try to google RM Stator and give them a call, I found them very helpful.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen this happen to friends- they wire all these ridiculous HID's & electronics to a stock charging system on their quad, then wonder why their battery is always dead.
You need to upgrade your entire charging system (stator & battery) when adding current robbing performance parts like lights, gps & radios. Most atv's barely break even charging the battery while riding with the lights on to begin with-

Old 02-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
I've seen this happen to friends- they wire all these ridiculous HID's & electronics to a stock charging system on their quad, then wonder why their battery is always dead.
You need to upgrade your entire charging system (stator & battery) when adding current robbing performance parts like lights, gps & radios. Most atv's barely break even charging the battery while riding with the lights on to begin with-
this is my point exactly. these atv's charging systems are more for maintaining the full battery charge then charging a dead battery up. there not like an auto w/ a 85 amp alternator. big differnce.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simple question.............Why so many lights?
......Caper.......

Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple question.............Why so many lights?
I think it has something to do with the forest vampires- Tons of lights and really loud obnoxious exhausts will keep the vamps (and deer) away for sure! But it always seems to attract these funny looking guys dressed in blue who carry guns.

I haven't figured out who's more friendly... the vampires or the funny looking guys dressed in blue who carry guns

Old 10-20-2010, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Did you ever sort your problem.

I am looking to install two winches on the quad, one with an oversized motor (more on this later), but for it all to work reliably I need a second battery and a stator upgrade.

I spoke to RM Stator but all they can offer is a replacement over the factory part, not specifically an uprated one.

Any more ideas???

Thanks guys

James

Quick Reply: I need more POWER!!!