Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Poor snow in NE means only one thing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just came down form the county (PI) and was suprised on the lack of snow even up there. i think were going to get alot of rain instead of snow. oh well time to break the bike out in another month.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sten, That last horrible rain storm we had (2+ inches) went into Canada if I remember correctly.... This Wed storm is supposed to dump 12+ in the mountains, then another storm on it's heels with a total by Sat over possibly 3 feet! I use the word possibly.... I was going to take the kids skiing in the wife's minivan, but I'm now thinking I'll pack them in the back of the Silverado and haul the ATV with me. Can't miss this kind of snow around Rangeley Lake! I'll take some pics.....

Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yep my B. friend goes up to rangely at least twice a week and was in jackman yesterday(for work) and said some places there are crap snow condtions and a ton of sledders so trails suck. i'm sure your right and rangley willl get hammered for sure. we'll know when it's over lol.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

How you get good snow for skiing Funride. It's one of the activities I miss most from having a bad disk. Snow is gold up in the North.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
How you get good snow for skiing Funride. It's one of the activities I miss most from having a bad disk. Snow is gold up in the North.
Moose...Get that disk fused together (believe that's what they call it) and hit the slopes! There's got to be something they can do....Don't tell me insurance won't cover it because it's an existing condition

Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

how much snow did you guys get in the north so far in this round one of storms ? i on mass ct border we got nothing now rain took it away but only in the ct river valley very strange storm east and west got snow and north also.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvjumpers
how much snow did you guys get in the north so far in this round one of storms ? i on mass ct border we got nothing now rain took it away but only in the ct river valley very strange storm east and west got snow and north also.
Got pouring rain here in southern Maine at the moment with no end in sight. The mountains are a completely different story.....supposed to be snowing up there, but last I heard at 4pm there was very little coming down. That should be changing now. It's pouring cats and dogs here and it feels like mid-March.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

snowing here at the this time but i'm sure it turn to rain. got at least 2' as right now.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Trailblazer

ya all we have had is steady rain some snow left on lawns

heading to mass OTIS on saturday for the weekend riding with my son and some friends the report yesterday was like 2 feet of snow and this morning snow and sleet. the lake up there should hold up for some ice fishing and riding

atvjumpers

Old 02-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
Moose...Get that disk fused together (believe that's what they call it) and hit the slopes! There's got to be something they can do....Don't tell me insurance won't cover it because it's an existing condition
No, that's not the problem I'm having. The doctors that I've spoken to don't want to do it until I lose about 100 pounds. First, I hurt my knees many years ago and shot up to about 290 from my healthy weight of 240-250 (think linebacker). The knees never came back 100% but I was able to ski twice in one week pretty well so I was happy. In this time I decided to get back into carpentry. Good money down here right now. I didn't do roofs anymore and only did small flooring projects like tile and hardwood. When I fell down some slippery stairs helping a friend move I figured I had just pulled something in my back and it would be okay in a couple weeks. Long story-short, I have put on more weight. I've managed to lose about 10 pounds since the start of the year so, hopefully, I can keep going. I'm not good at dieting. I was good at working hard. But, if I had hit my head when I fell, we wouldn't be chatting about our favorite quads and trails, and such. I'm thankful for that.

Quick Reply: Poor snow in NE means only one thing....