Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New guy and his new 2010 reddish orange 850XP

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a bike in them pictures LOL (JK) Nice!

Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys, I am a lucky man for sure!

Colt, I too am looking into exhaust. What I want is kinda tough, because I want a more aggresive, deeper sound, but I don't want it loud at all.

Which pipe on the market is the deepest/quietest? I am guessing the Hot Seat/Speedwerx pipe? I love the tone of the Swamp Series XL, but the volume is to much. I try to keep a low profile around my neck of the woods, but I want the pipe deeper.

Does anyone want to sell me a factory pipe cheap so I can experiment on it? Turn it into a chambered Flowmaster like pipe.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

thats my dilema also....i want to be heard but not a mile away!!! i was looking at the speedwerx site also and theres is the only one that says it will work on the 2010's.. i called them an asked about the fitment. they said it would work but the heat shield must be removed and i have reservations about removing it..

Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Spent alot of time in Ft. Rucker but I had never heard of this place to go mudding until now. Trails look excellent.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought one of these babies on Fleabay for the wife, uh, I mean for me to use while resting on the trail. It's made by WES, the same people that make the Tamarack box that is $150 more.
Name:  wesclassic.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  9.0 KB

Also picked up some of the tamarack foot rests that bolt to the floor board, so her feet aren't dangling. I wasn't in love with the look of the fender guard things with footrests that some people use.

The only thing now is that I want to use the Polaris Lock and Ride anchors so I can remove it quickly. But DAM*, them things are expensive! 15-20 bucks for essentially a boat cork. I am going to look into making my own I guess. Unless any of ya'll know where to get them cheaper.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh yeah, I also ordered a small 250 watt amp, and some 6 1/2 inch Bazooka marine speakers. Going to make an Audio Pipe with it, I'm gonna be jammin. When I build it I will post some pics of it.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Mud is my Friend

Originally Posted by Bama67
A little update. I really got to put the XP to the test at Boggs and Boulders. We had a great time out there, and recommend it to anyone in south AL or North FL. You wouldn't think a place that far south could have serious rocks to play on. Also has swamps, ponds, caves, springs, and a nice pavillion, campsites and a cafe

But the XP did great. I went with my buddy who had his 06 Brute 750, my cuz and his rancher 420 2x4 (that I must have pulled out two dozen times) and a sportsman 450, and foreman 450 (i think), and my buddies kids on their 2 outlander 400s. I didn't really want to go through any deep mud, because I am kinda **** about my quads and hate getting them covered in mud. But I couldn't really help it a this place. But even with the Bighorns, I went through some SERIOUS mud holes and only got stuck once. But my buddys BF with 30 Mudlites faired even worse. Me and a Outty hooked to him couldn't pull him out. We had to get a truck to winch him out. I was really unimpressed with the 30'' mudlites he had. I followed him everywhere and seemed to have a lesser time getting thru things than he did. At Boggs, there is a giant, long hill they have mud races on that is muddy and slick and the XP just flat killed it. I pinned it at the bottom of the hill and it felt like the front tires just barely skated on the ground all the way up. I left all the others behind. And later on in the day the Brute smoked it's belt and I had to tow my Buddy, his wife, and quad all the way back to base camp which was a long, hilly ride. With me towing with myself and wife onboard. It was quite a load, but I had no trouble running 25 mph in low dragging him up some long windy hills.

Here a few more pics, I also added a pinstripe to my factory black wheels, I like the subtle looks of it, makes it stand out a little better. The color matched perfect. It was my first time pinstriping anything, and although it was farily easy; lets just say I don't have the patientce to do this very often.

The wife and I with the new bike. It and us ended up MUCH dirtier by the time the day was over. But after the first couple of trails we forgot to take any pics.

The wives on the Brute. I am SO glad my tires don't stick out past the fenders like his do.

Being a good husband and washing the glue-like mud out of her hair after the ride on the Brute. Notice how clean I am, the XP has some great protection with the Bighorns.

At the end of the day I was kinda pissed about a few things. My bro in law left a cigarette on the back of my bike sitting on a beer can he forgot about that rolled off, then melted a place in my plastic about an inch long. I was PISSED off bigtime, my bike was only a week old! Then when washing the quad off (not with high pressure btw) A huge piece of paint blew off the rear axle housing, and the sportman sticker blew off the tank. The sticker I can glue back on, but I am pretty sure the paint on the axle won't stick. But all in all it was a fun day, it would have been better had it not been so dusty, I like to blast around the trails, but the dust was so think you couldn't do that unless no one had been through there in a while, and even then you had to do it solo or you were killing the quad behind you.
Looks like a GOOD time! It's pretty cool when the wife gets into it...and rides those tough trails getting muddy too.

I especially like the moose brushguard in the front. What do you plan for the rear? I agree about the Polaris Deluxe brushguards, but bought mine before researching the other after market brands.

biz

Old 05-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama67
I just bought one of these babies on Fleabay for the wife, uh, I mean for me to use while resting on the trail. It's made by WES, the same people that make the Tamarack box that is $150 more.

Also picked up some of the tamarack foot rests that bolt to the floor board, so her feet aren't dangling. I wasn't in love with the look of the fender guard things with footrests that some people use.

The only thing now is that I want to use the Polaris Lock and Ride anchors so I can remove it quickly. But DAM*, them things are expensive! 15-20 bucks for essentially a boat cork. I am going to look into making my own I guess. Unless any of ya'll know where to get them cheaper.
I got some boat plugs from Walmart that have the same kind of mechanism that the Polaris ones have. You CAN unscrew them and rethread them in order to make them go through plastic or aluminum. I think they were $5 apiece.