Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by readymixer169
Wenty, You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been preaching those words for years now. Law makers have the power to make the taxes and stipulations that affect American company's go away, but will they? I think not! To much revenue for the government! It's all about money and has been for a long time. I can only hope that one day someone in government will truly take a stand and fight for the American rather than their own pocketbook or personal gain, but sadly, I doubt that I'll live long enough to see that day.
X2. Great post!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:45 AM

that what i dont get, why buy american? this country is a fat and greedy mess! i buy whats good thank you.... no matter who makes it

Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Howdy all......Wenty hit the home run IMO. Polaris can write one check for the product being imported...... instead of the headaches with the myriad of taxes, employees, rent, medical, etc, associated with product produced here. It makes perfect business sense. Yes, I would like to keep manufacturing and the jobs that come with it, here in the USA. It seems everything made today is a hybrid of parts from different countries. Polaris needs to be competitive and try to cut costs any way possible. This may not reflect in the retail right away but it will keep the yearly price increases lower. As long as Polaris makes what I like in an ATV, I will continue to buy Polaris. Why would I "punish" the other employees of Polaris by boycotting all their product......and they do make vehicles for our military......NoJoke

Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 AM

i agree. i dont care if it says hodukakaka on the tank, if its made well and its what i want i'll buy it. the people that bombed pearly harbor arent even alive or are half dead, so who cares? what a dumb comment! blame the people, not the country they live in.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Are Polaris engines built in USA??

Old 06-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

The twins are and some others are made in USA by Robin industries..The rest come from Fugi in Japan..

Old 06-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DELUX500EFI
The twins are and some others are made in USA by Robin industries..The rest come from Fugi in Japan..
So, what about the 500HO??

Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

500 and 550 are Fuji.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I disagree (respectively)! The hypocrites are NOT the US consumer its the manufacture who
puts a "Made in the U.S.A" sticker on the machine and farms out all the parts
to the foreign countries! A big company who has profited from all the US sales
who are the backbone of their success taking pride in American built.

The folks working at the plant in Wisconsin and other places who put their hard
work to play for a decent earned wage. All of that is what makes it a successful
company. Look we can agree to disagree, no problem but has Polaris risen to its success
it has now from its outsourcing? I think you know the answer.

Will this "new" move bring them MORE SUCCESS? Well no one has that crystal ball,
its a gamble. But the blue-dog consumers here are the farmers, military, hunters,
recreational riders etc. within the US who take pride in buying "American"!

Regards,

R'

Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
I disagree (respectively)! The hypocrites are NOT the US consumer its the manufacture who
puts a "Made in the U.S.A" sticker on the machine and farms out all the parts
to the foreign countries! A big company who has profited from all the US sales
who are the backbone of their success taking pride in American built.

The folks working at the plant in Wisconsin and other places who put their hard
work to play for a decent earned wage. All of that is what makes it a successful
company. Look we can agree to disagree, no problem but has Polaris risen to its success
it has now from its outsourcing? I think you know the answer.

Will this "new" move bring them MORE SUCCESS? Well no one has that crystal ball,
its a gamble. But the blue-dog consumers here are the farmers, military, hunters,
recreational riders etc. within the US who take pride in buying "American"!

Regards,

R'
I don't think...for the most part, that we as Americans don't WANT to buy and support American companies. I think we do. I don't disagree that the hard working American is the backbone...we are. Yes, this big company has made "much" of it's profits from US sales..Not "ALL" though. I respect where your heart is at.

Has Polaris "risen to success from outsourcing?" Yes, partly...they've been outsourcing for a long...long time. That's nothing new, MOST parts on our quads are outsourced. Anyone in their right mind has known for a long time now, when speaking of Polaris that "Made in the USA" doesn't mean anything. "ASSEMBLED in the USA" is more like it. 15 years ago no one "had a problem with it"...even though we knew deep down that our Polaris wasn't "MADE IN THE USA".

Polaris parts are from all over the world and have been for a long time.."Buy American"?

We are virging on a true world economy, that's something we as a nation have to face or be left in the dark...that ship has sailed, our lawmakers made sure of that. Do I like it...NO. Unfortunatly nothing short of civil WAR will change the direction our country is headed.

If large American companies want to remain competitive in the world market they have to get away from all the taxes, tarriffs, caps, etc that OUR GOV'T has placed on them. It's the world we live in and our lawmakers created it. Our companies can not compete otherwise. Sad but true.

Quick Reply: Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!