Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wenty
I don't think...for the most part, that we as Americans don't WANT to buy and support American companies. I think we do. I don't disagree that the hard working American is the backbone...we are. Yes, this big company has made "much" of it's profits from US sales..Not "ALL" though. I respect where your heart is at.

Has Polaris "risen to success from outsourcing?" Yes, partly...they've been outsourcing for a long...long time. That's nothing new, MOST parts on our quads are outsourced. Anyone in their right mind has known for a long time now, when speaking of Polaris that "Made in the USA" doesn't mean anything. "ASSEMBLED in the USA" is more like it. 15 years ago no one "had a problem with it"...even though we knew deep down that our Polaris wasn't "MADE IN THE USA".

Polaris parts are from all over the world and have been for a long time.."Buy American"?

We are virging on a true world economy, that's something we as a nation have to face or be left in the dark...that ship has sailed, our lawmakers made sure of that. Do I like it...NO. Unfortunatly nothing short of civil WAR will change the direction our country is headed.

If large American companies want to remain competitive in the world market they have to get away from all the taxes, tarriffs, caps, etc that OUR GOV'T has placed on them. It's the world we live in and our lawmakers created it. Our companies can not compete otherwise. Sad but true.
I agree and tho the profits might not stay in America Polaris is no more american assembled than say a Yamaha Grizzly is. I am willing to bet Yamaha employ's as many Americans (if not more)as Polaris does!
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/.../features.aspx

Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 PM

who says MOST americans take pride in there work anyway?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Thumbs down

Dodge Hemi ..What are you smokin" Polaris has three factories in the good ole USA .The money stays in america.Why are you so loyal to a foreign company???I think our younger generation has forgotten what loyalty really means..Where I come from we believe in taking care of your own first..Futhermore being a yahammer lover why are you always on the Polaris forum???????? Yahama does have it's own forum...You should also be happy now that you can be called Fiat hemi...

Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by DELUX500EFI
Dodge Hemi ..What are you smokin" Polaris has three factories in the good ole USA .The money stays in america.Why are you so loyal to a foreign company???I think our younger generation has forgotten what loyalty really means..Where I come from we believe in taking care of your own first..Futhermore being a yahammer lover why are you always on the Polaris forum???????? Yahama does have it's own forum...You should also be happy now that you can be called Fiat hemi...
why are you so loyal to an american company? why does it matter who or where its made? its funny how japanese name plates in the automotive and offroad industry are more american then a lot of the american name plates... if you want to support "your own" then i guess you better buy a yamaha and haul it in a toyota

Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well I might sound like a broken record but I just don't think we should be closing our plants, laying off 500 plus American workers and taking business to Mexico! That may be a good reason why WE CARE to buy American! Why should we build up Mexico to tear down our town that thrives on the manufacturing? There will be impact on the people, town and community!

Like others have said, Polaris still made a good profit all these years. Since you talk taxes, caps etc. why not expand and invest Vs. Shutdown and relocate? There are lots of other business alternatives. - IMO

OPINIONS VARY!

Regards,

R'

Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Last time I checked this was a Free country and we as Americans can buy what we want! All this crap about buy American is so overrated and you know as well as me that it is all BS. You cannot tell me that you own nothing made overseas! Who makes your TV in your house????? Who makes the alternator in your car?????? Who build the the computer that you are typing to write on this form????? This is a free web sight and I CAN type where I feel necessary! I have owned a Polaris and frankly it will be my last one! I will spend my money on products that last and that I feel are worth of my hard earned dollar and not on something that my neighbor or grandfather tells me I should or need to own! A good portion of the best products in the world are NOT build in the states and for that you can thank YOUR government! Buy what YOU want as I will buy what I want and could care less what you ride as long as you ride to save the sport not the machine!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Brings up an interesting dilemma.

Is it better to buy an American assembled product, but from a company based overseas. Or is it better to buy from an American company, but assembled outside the United States?

Toyota has a truck plant in San Antonio, Texas. They also use more American produced parts on their trucks than Dodge/Ford/Chevy. So is it better to put money towards a company that the payroll will benefit workers here in the United States, along with all the things those paychecks are spent on for living. Or is it better to pay someone a lessor wage in a place like Mexico, but the profits go back to a company here in the United States?

And why are some of those companies asking for government money, but not giving any taxpayers credit for footing that bill?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Dodge57Hemi,

Makes a good point! We can always ditch our Polaris and go buy a Yamaha! (Not made in Mexico, PTL!)

I read an interesting article. Seems that Polaris is doing quite well with their side
by side market despite the dwindeling economy. To the best of my knowledge they
are not being produced out of MEXICO! At least not yet....8-)

Ref:

StreetInsider.com - Wedbush Maintains an 'Outperform' on Polaris Industries (PII), Continued SxS Market Share Gains and Lower Commodity Costs

Regards,

R'

Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

I always prefer buying from an American owned company that manufactures in USA. However, it's getting to be an almost impossible task.
My DeWalt tools are made in Mexico, my Suburban was made in Mexico, my Dell was made in China, my Levi's were made in Central America. The list goes on and on.
I'm proud that my 09 Sportsman 500 touring was Made in USA, at least I hope that it was!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I'm proud that my 09 Sportsman 500 touring was Made in USA, at least I hope that it was![/quote]

Here is prime example of my thoughts a Polaris 500! A 500 and all other Polaris single cylinder engines are built by another company and the one in question is a Fuji motor now majority owned by/or is ran by Subaru/Toyota!
Polaris Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quick Reply: Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!