Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Attn: Polaris Company - PLEASE KEEP BUILDING ATV's HERE in USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Well I might sound like a broken record but I just don't think we should be closing our plants, laying off 500 plus American workers and taking business to Mexico! That may be a good reason why WE CARE to buy American! Why should we build up Mexico to tear down our town that thrives on the manufacturing? There will be impact on the people, town and community!

Like others have said, Polaris still made a good profit all these years. Since you talk taxes, caps etc. why not expand and invest Vs. Shutdown and relocate? There are lots of other business alternatives. - IMO

OPINIONS VARY!

Regards,

R'
I can't agree MORE with your first paragraph. Yes, this impacts all of us. No doubt. Again, I appreciate and completely respect where your heart is. If only our lawmakers felt the same way!!

Since I talk about "tax and cap"? Thats the EXACT reason these companies aren't expanding or investing on our soil. That's your answer.

Our companies are getting TAXED to death and OUR OWN GOV'T is giving them subsidies to move out of the country. This is the reason our companies are moving, our gov't wants them to. There is no debating this fact, it's not "opinion". You ask "why"? This is the reason.
I don't think you understand what "cap" is when we are talking about cap and tax...cap and trade, etc. Cap is the limit OUR gov't is putting on OUR companies for emmisions. It's a BS, fairly tale "carbon tax" which at this point costs american industry HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS A YEAR. It's a epedemic in american industry. It's looking to be the largest tax in AMERICAN HISTORY. And now they(lawmakers) want to raise this BS tax on american industry. YES, Hundreds of Billions a year! Not to mention that proposed VAT tax I mentioned earlier. This is the reason american based industry aren't expanding or investing here in the good Ol' USA! Our gov't has killed american business. Our gov't has made it impossible for for american based industry to compete on a global level...heII, impossible to even compete in THIS country. I'd like to hear what these, "lots of other business alternatives." are?? What alternatives does american industry have to get around or past all these facts I've expressed?? The answer is, at this point they have no alternative. I'm not blowing smoke or making this stuff up...everything I've said in this and previous posts on this topic are fact. These are the reasons why it's not working out for American based industry. It's sad really.

I'm going to sign off on this thread. I don't think there is anything else I can express that would change the minds of those that don't believe or see what's happening. I've given the facts. Take it for what it's worth...the sad, unfortunate truth.

No hard feelings I hope.

Wenty

Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IN!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I found that WIKI page interesting. Please note on pg 1.

"Starting in 1995 with the Polaris Magnum 425 4-stroke atv and in 1997, with the introduction of the "twin 700" snowmobile engine Polaris started the development and production of in-house produced powerplants, know as the "Liberty" line of engines, now found in many models across their current production lines. This production makes many Polaris products 100% American made. Fuji Heavy Industries now also maintains a US based production plant, in conjunction with Polaris, so that all engines are now American Made."

R'

Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Fuji Heavy Industries now also maintains a US based production plant, in conjunction with Polaris, so that all engines are now American Made."

R'

But who owns Fuji?

The days of finding anything that was completely designed, forged, assembled and sold by using 100% American made parts and labor by major corporations are sadly in the past.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I think I read somewhere where (Forbes Mag) the only Co. that the only US company that is still 100%US and totally debt free is Ruger Firearms!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
I think I read somewhere where (Forbes Mag) the only Co. that the only US company that is still 100%US and totally debt free is Ruger Firearms!
Great, one of the last truly American companies and there are groups out there that want them outlawed.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Wenty, thanks for all your contributions!

Should we then become the status quo? Then I would suggest to go up to Wisconsin and tell them that! As for other business alternatives, are you kidding me? There's like a gazillion! Down-sizing (maybe a few of those over paid execs), re-tooling product lines, optimizing it sales /distribution centers, MORE INTERNATIONAL EXPORTING!. Has anyone ever heard of contracting? Sub-contract some product operations. Bring business into Wisconsin, not close it!

Sorry if my options go against the status quo of foriegn business outsourcing. When the tough get going, it doesn't always have to END IN MEXICO! Where is the out of box thinking here? Afterall, profits are steady and UP for Polaris, they must of being doing something right, they can do more than just jump in the send all MFGing overseas pool.

YES I HAVE AN OPINION.....8-)

Respectively,

R'

Old 06-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Thanks Helmethair78!

Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_exPnlC3wpY) always gets to me and my wife. I think its relevant as to whats going on. In the words of Big Rich, "Well, pardon me if I don't shed a tear, cuz they're selling make believe here and we don't by that here!" -- aka MEXICO!

To those at the Wisconsin plant we hear you!

Regards,

R'