Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Online Fluid purchases??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Fluid purchases??

Does anyone know of an online site that has discounted prices for Polaris fluids? I'll probably spend around $200, so a 15% discount would be worth my time. thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

What all fluids are you buying and for how many quads?

A lot of money to be saved just by purchasing name brand oil (motor) and oil filters locally.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default why Polaris OEM fluids

Hi, never owned a Polaris before but have heard that it's necessary to purchase the exact fluids they are suggesting. btw - it is a bit overwhelming going through the owner's manual and figuring out all of the different fluids.

I'm making an educated assumption that some of the problems, that I've been reading about on this forum, could be related to improper fluid maint. I'd rather not take any chances.

I've never done this before, e.g. I don't buy AC/Delco just because the GM manual says to.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Some fluids they recommend just don't have an equivalent. I've read where others have used something else and never had any problem. I know for the tranny on my old trail boss and trail blazers, I did buy the Polaris brand. One reason is they didn't take that much. Figure any savings there would be minimal, and one less argument with the dealer if there was ever a problem.

I know the differential fluids had been discussed here, but never having a 4wd, I have no real experience there. Hopefully someone who has can give you a better response on that.

In the crankcase, I've always used Castrol Syntec. For the oil res on the blazer, I used Polaris brand, again it used so little. I know others have used amsoil and had no issues with that at all.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The only fluid I would care about being OEM is the awd on demand fluid for the Hillary. All the other fliuds can be bought anywhere and be as good or even better.

I use synthetic Shell chain case oil in the tranny, Synthetic 75W-90 gear oil in the diff, Amsoil Synthetic 0W-40 oil in the motor and a Fram oil filter. I,m only spooked about the AWD fliud in my hubs so I get that at the dealer.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer

i went the lazy way and got the kit from the dealer ... was $60 with all fluids and filters

Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
The only fluid I would care about being OEM is the awd on demand fluid for the Hillary. All the other fliuds can be bought anywhere and be as good or even better.

That is 100% true. The ONLY fluid that you should get from a Polaris dealer is the one you just mentioned.

The older 4x4 models with the Hillard in the hubs work fine with ATF or good synthetic motor oil.

The engines are better served with a good synthestic motor oil such as Amsoil, Castrol Syntec, Mobile One or whatever. They are ALL better than Polaris oil and sometimes cheaper.

The trans runs and lasts forever with the same oil you use in the engine.