Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Factory Customer Service Stinks

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

A little confused as you said you had a 2015,but later listed a 2016 Hunter Edition?

Old 01-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, let me apologize. I am stupid. I just looked and I originally posted that it was a 2015. It is a new 2016.

The wiring is not the issue. My unit comes with 2 "switches" on the dash. One switch sets the mode: Turf, 2WD, AWD or ADC. The other switch is not actually a switch, but a device which indicates which mode you're in. There is one "cutout" to the right to install an additional switch or the user's choice.

The problem is that the wiper kit includes two switches and instructs the installer to cut out the center and right location for those two switches. There is only one location, so the two wiper switches cannot be mounted where shown in the instructions. I either have to mount the two switches elsewhere, or split them up with one in the area designated and one someplace else. It's just frustrating that a manufacturer wouldn't understand their own machines and accessories. The dealers simply don't care. They like you when they're trying to sell you the machine, but after the sale, they don't have time for questions or problems.

I suspect, but don't know, that my unit might be different than typical because it has ADC.

I'd love to find a good dealer, but the local dealer doesn't want to help as I bought the unit 200 miles away, and this is the same dealer who said there was no such thing as a Hunter Edition 570 midsize when I went to buy it last month. I had seen it that very morning but wanted to spend my money supporting the local dealer. He wouldn't take my money because there was no such Ranger.

The dealer 200 miles away, where I bought it, knows nothing. It seems that unless you find someone at the dealership who owns the same unit as you do, there is no product knowledge. They told me that the 570 had no OEM accessories made for it, so I just spent over $4k on camo doors, glass windshield, windshield wiper assembly, back glass, heater, roof, etc. etc. from a dealer almost two thousand miles away who did know something. All OEM parts, and all "not available" from my purchasing dealer.

When I called Polaris to ask about accessories shown on their website, they told me that all the photos on the 570 page were actually 900s, so I couldn't go by what was on the website.

As I said, the machine is new, so no mechanical problems yet, and I hope none surface, because neither Polaris nor the dealer are any help. I bought a multi year OEM bumper to bumper extended warranty, but that may not help given the problems I've encountered thus far.

Very frustrating.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Tombstone Luke

The wiring is not the issue. My unit comes with 2 "switches" on the dash. One switch sets the mode: Turf, 2WD, AWD or ADC. The other switch is not actually a switch, but a device which indicates which mode you're in. There is one "cutout" to the right to install an additional switch or the user's choice.

The problem is that the wiper kit includes two switches and instructs the installer to cut out the center and right location for those two switches. There is only one location, so the two wiper switches cannot be mounted where shown in the instructions. I either have to mount the two switches elsewhere, or split them up with one in the area designated and one someplace else. It's just frustrating that a manufacturer wouldn't understand their own machines and accessories. The dealers simply don't care. They like you when they're trying to sell you the machine, but after the sale, they don't have time for questions or problems.

Very frustrating.
Understand.. We've encountered similar situations at our shop and had to mount other accessory switches in other locations because of lack of "cutout" space also. Being a new machine the wiper kit part# is the same as the kit for the 2015 models as shown on Polaris' web site. This is something you'll have to decide. Either forgo installation of this particular kit for sake of appearance or find another place on the dash to install either the washer or wiper switch. Again we had the same problems on new machines that hadn't "caught up" with the accessory kits available. If feasible,an out of the way,concealed spot under the dash close to the other switches may be preferred and wouldn't hurt appearance. This we've done also over the years for customers that were concerned. On some machines we've even mounted some switches in glove boxes for customers. We even mounted the older corded remote winch connectors in glove boxes so they wouldn't be visible on dashes.

Last edited by old polaris tech; 01-08-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: additional mounting
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local Polaris dealer has bent over backwards to help me find parts for a 1996 Polaris Sportsman 400l. Try them: friendandfriend.com 207-667-4688 . After owning one Polaris that was a total pain in the ***, I'm not going to condemn the brand. A lot of my friends have Polaris bikes and love em. Buddy of mine has a RZR 1000 turbo that is an incredible machine. His son has a 450 Sportsman, a nice machine. They were purchased from Friend and Friend , never heard a complaint.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Man.. Saw the web site for this dealership.. Started in 1916 selling Fords,1964 started selling cycles..Sounds like a couple shops down here I used to frequent when I was just a kid and later on when I was grown..

Old 01-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Man.. Saw the web site for this dealership.. Started in 1916 selling Fords,1964 started selling cycles..Sounds like a couple shops down here I used to frequent when I was just a kid and later on when I was grown..
You just don't see that much anymore. Dealers come and go. A few are in it for the long haul though.