Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Factory Customer Service Stinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Factory Customer Service Stinks

I have found it impossible to speak to a Polaris representative regarding subjects such as poor design, design flaws and suggestions for a fix, technical details, and other Polaris dissatisfaction issues. All phone numbers I have found send you to a dealer. Dealers do not know the answers to these questions and also have trouble communicating with the Polaris company. Spent about $20,00 on a Ranger with many options and would not do so again.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

What problems are you having with your Ranger?

Here are some tel. numbers to try.

Polaris Industries Inc
301 5th Avenue Southwest
Roseau, MN 56751-1440
(218) 463-2312

Polaris Industries Inc
7290 Viking Boulevard Northeast
Wyoming, MN 55092-5002
(651) 408-7200

Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rancher1
I have found it impossible to speak to a Polaris representative regarding subjects such as poor design, design flaws and suggestions for a fix, technical details, and other Polaris dissatisfaction issues. All phone numbers I have found send you to a dealer. Dealers do not know the answers to these questions and also have trouble communicating with the Polaris company. Spent about $20,00 on a Ranger with many options and would not do so again.
welcome to the forum. there have been dozens of post of this very subect and i think polaris feels that they only want to deal w/ thier dealers and not customers directly. not very good thinking in my opinion!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Polaris just gets everyone to buy "ONE" Polaris in there lifetime...........They will still be on top of the sales! Do they really care about bringing you back for a second purchase??
They should be due to the way people are spending there money, Not alot left-over to buy toys when all the bills and food are first!!
......Caper.........

Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Angry Polaris Stinks

In August of 2010 I mistyped my post. I said I paid about $20,00. Should have said about $20,000 for my piece of garbage.

I just replaced the rubber boot over the steering gear of my 2009 Ranger XP/HD 700 4X4. The original appeared rotted. I could tear the remaining pieces off merely by pulling on them.

I purchased the unit with a snow plow. It has only been used to push snow and not abused. The original cutting edge is of extremely poor material and wore off till it wasn't protecting the blade. The top of the blade developed cracks. The electrical connector for the power lift broke. Spring loaded stand for blade broke off because so major design flaw. Tubular steel push frame for blade is thin walled, bends at a 45 degree angle and thus is not able to do its job (both collapsed). Again, I have not mistreated the machine, but it must be used like a toy and babied or it will fall apart.

Doors to the cab continually jam and have even locked me inside. The reason is that adjustments do not stay where they should because the cab isn't solid to the frame. It is mounted with rubberized clamps that move.

Tailgate will not latch properly. Windshield wiper will not cover enough of the window. Window defrost unit is a joke. Cab windows open front to back so one cannot put their arm our to signal (not as the dealer promised). Engine noise inside metal cab is extreme and possibly damaging to ears.

Service manual doesn't match the unit even though it says it does.

Dealer cannot order parts until he has a large enough order, so he takes your request and you wait.

Attempted telephone calls to Polaris do not get me to anyone. Automated system will not let you speak to anyone unless you know their name.

I will never purchase from them again. Dealer has lost other business from me, though it is Polaris's fault.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it really makes you wonder if polaris even cares about after the sale issues with thier products. over the years i have seen way too many complaints about thier customer service. why does it always seem stories like this one above (and i don't blame him what so ever) seem to have the same out come and same plot or a not caring company. It seems to me when some (most) companies get bigger, the service and products get crappier. what a shame and they wonder why this great country of ours is not on top and good as it used to be.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Dealer cannot order parts until he has a large enough order, so he takes your request and you wait.
Sounds like a struggling outfit. My dealer would order a spark plug and have it in overnight.
For $20,000 I would just of got a mint condition used jeep or 4wd truck.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

"Dealer can't order parts until he has a large enough order"!! That's what's happened to Polaris over the years. Used to be you had to be a Polaris atv dealer only up until the late 90's. Then we at the shop found out that multi line dealers stared taking on Polaris as a "step child" line along with they're main line and the dealer service and sales started going down hill as many dealer weren't qualified on either!! Polaris like a lot of companies started looking at the $$ signs only. Shops like ours that invested heavily on Polaris ONLY were slightly pizzed to tell the truth. But we got a lot of work when customers got wise or tired of other dealers crap...

Old 10-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am having issues with a 2014 Sportsman 570 Touring model. The seat doesn't sit well and the seat posts bend from the riders weight and from heat softening the seat post. Have had 3 new seats and am waiting on a 4th and the "fix" they say they have. My dealer tells me to contact Polaris to help speed up the process but Polaris tells me to call my dealer. Then I bought a new 2013 Sportsman 550, owned it for 9 months but only had 9 hours on it when the fuel pump went out Polaris made me pay labor and Ride Now in Surprise AZ wouldn't cover it either. What's up with that? Both Ppolaris and the dealer care nothing for the customer

Old 10-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ejb7864
I am having issues with a 2014 Sportsman 570 Touring model. The seat doesn't sit well and the seat posts bend from the riders weight and from heat softening the seat post. Have had 3 new seats and am waiting on a 4th and the "fix" they say they have. My dealer tells me to contact Polaris to help speed up the process but Polaris tells me to call my dealer. Then I bought a new 2013 Sportsman 550, owned it for 9 months but only had 9 hours on it when the fuel pump went out Polaris made me pay labor and Ride Now in Surprise AZ wouldn't cover it either. What's up with that? Both Ppolaris and the dealer care nothing for the customer
I know you're pizzed,but the key is 9 months that you've owned the machine. With a 6 month warranty stated some dealers wouldn't even try to help on parts or labor. We had a lot of this to where Polaris would pay for the parts and the customer paid labor costs. 9 miles,yes I'd be a little miffed too,but 9 miles or 9,000 doesn't mean a thing,just the length of the standard warranty.

Quick Reply: Factory Customer Service Stinks