Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

sportsman handling

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to get the BH 2.0 thanks readymixer169 for the reassurance. I am not sure what ply the tires I have on there now are, have to look.

I have driven sportsman 500 and not felt a push this bad (one was an 05 and the other 06). I really don't think going 30-40 mph around a semi-hard surface turn is unrealistic. I was following a scrambler and 550xp and both of them didn't drift to the otherside of the road like I did.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

One thing that helps the steering of the X2 when on hard pack is to put it in Turf mode. It does make a little bit of a difference.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO the BHs are very poor tires for cornering on gravel roads, my Carlisle ACTs take the corners better with the rear end sliding a lot less.

The Big Horns are OK for going frontwards but have no tread to keep them from going sideways.

I would buy Terra Cross radials long before ever considering BHs, had a set and wont have another.

The Advantages of the Terra Cross Radial Tires

Terra Cross XD

Sometimes people only ever get to experience the difference between their OE tires and the set they replace them with
which is usually a huge improvement. I'm not saying that I am any kind of a tire expert but I am on my 5th set of tires and before the snow hits I'll be replacing my current tires with my 6th set.

People like Doug Meyer as he mentions in his video get to go ride a trail, switch tires and ride that same trail again and get a real feel for the difference with each set of tires, sometimes riding the same trail 4-5 times with as many different tires.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

no offense but people like Doug Meyers gets paid to promote certain products over others. I do value your opinion and will consider the terra cross. A lot of people like the BH that why I considered going this route.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by redbank
no offense but people like Doug Meyers gets paid to promote certain products over others
No offense taken but I will tell you that Doug Meyer does not get paid to promote one product over another and would refuse to take it if it was offered to him.

Doug Meyer calls it as he sees it whether a manufacture likes it or not.

He has ridden just about every ATV that has been manufactured in the last 10-12 years and gets to see the difference between each one first hand and gets paid to give his opinion whether they like it or not.

Same with his tire reviews. He runs a trail, comes back and swaps tires, runs the exact same trail again and will do that 4-5 times all in the same day with a different set of tires each time and gives you his opinion whether you like it or not.

If you could ride the same trail and come back and swap tires and ride the same trail again you might even change your opinion of what tire you like and don't like.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Specta
No offense taken but I will tell you that Doug Meyer does not get paid to promote one product over another and would refuse to take it if it was offered to him.

Doug Meyer calls it as he sees it whether a manufacture likes it or not.

He has ridden just about every ATV that has been manufactured in the last 10-12 years and gets to see the difference between each one first hand and gets paid to give his opinion whether they like it or not.

Same with his tire reviews. He runs a trail, comes back and swaps tires, runs the exact same trail again and will do that 4-5 times all in the same day with a different set of tires each time and gives you his opinion whether you like it or not.

If you could ride the same trail and come back and swap tires and ride the same trail again you might even change your opinion of what tire you like and don't like.
Ok I went to link to see for myself if I thought Doug was "getting paid" to say somthing great about a tire...Well no offense but he was promoting an ITP tire correct...and at the end of his video was a what?,an ITP commercial!! So yes he is getting money from them I wld think? I myself dont know crap about tires..so the tire may be great...but I do think he is getting paid to say so!

Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Of course he gets paid, he gets paid for every commercial and/or advertisement on his website but that has nothing to do with what tire/product he likes or doesnt like - promotes or doesn't promote.

He will not tell you that he likes something just because they advertise on his website.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

From what I've seen there are ATV makers that won't let him test their machines anymore because he panned some of the features on the makers' ATVs. In other words he has taken a hit for things he's said about different products. I personally don't always agree with Doug but trust that what he is saying is his honest opinion of an ATV or ATV related product.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

this is why sites like this exist. real people trying products. I might not even notice if I took my quad down a trail using BH then switching to a Terra. But I will probably notice the difference between OE and aftermarket. The search on this site I did showed people really liked the BH, so was going to try that but if someone had to something else they liked or a different size then please speak up. Thanks for all the help.