Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone have this bumber??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:41 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Anyone have this bumber??

Front Brushguard Polaris Sportsman 2005-2010 Models. In Stock and Ready to Ship.

Anyone have this or know anyone who does? Maybe looking to get this want to know how good or bad it is.. Thank you guys!!!

Old 09-21-2010 | 11:51 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I have one on my 07. Bolts up no problems, seems well built and heavy enough to take a decent blow and sitting next to my buddys with the popo brand they are virtually identical. Only thing I didn't like was the install instructions were pretty vague on which bolts go where but wasn't to hard to figure out.

Old 09-22-2010 | 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Looks exactly like my OE Polaris one I have on my 08 800 Sportsman. I really like it except for one thing. If you have a winch and a plow on it the winch cable rubs on the bug center bar. Other wise looks and works great.

Old 09-22-2010 | 11:10 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Originally Posted by EPIChad
Looks exactly like my OE Polaris one I have on my 08 800 Sportsman. I really like it except for one thing. If you have a winch and a plow on it the winch cable rubs on the bug center bar. Other wise looks and works great.
It may depend on what plow you have. I have the glacier II and there is about 2" of clearance between the cable and center bar. If you don't mind spending a little extra take a look. VERY NICE! www.atv-guru.com/

Old 09-23-2010 | 12:28 AM
|
Range Rover

Thank you for the reply. Readymix so do you have the one I put link up for or the one you put link up for? I know that guru is a good one. But hard not to want to save 60 bucks, lol! I am also asking for a friend who ordered a guru front, asked them not to put light mesh in. He got it and it had the light mesh in the bumber. He was not happy and found this one, for 60 bucks cheaper.

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:59 AM
Range Rover

I also had this probem with my winch and plow because of the same bumper. I just modified my plow to fix the problem. I will post you a picture or two later today. It needs a bit of welding but worth and hour or two of fabrication and welding.

Old 09-23-2010 | 08:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mikka
I also had this probem with my winch and plow because of the same bumper. I just modified my plow to fix the problem. I will post you a picture or two later today. It needs a bit of welding but worth and hour or two of fabrication and welding.
Pics would be nice. I wanted to fab something up last but didnt take the time. I would like to soon before the snow hits.

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:26 PM
Range Rover

Pics would be nice. I wanted to fab something up last but didnt take the time. I would like to soon before the snow hits.

Here are the pictures, I just realized that I did not take a picture showing the clearance at the bumper, Most of the time I am that stupid! Anyway it gives me about 2" of clearance at the bumper. If you want a picture, let me know and I will hook the plow back to the atv when I return from my hunt. Here are the pictures I took of my mod to the plow, It is a moose plow.
Name:  226.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  111.7 KB
Name:  230.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  83.7 KB
Name:  229.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  113.2 KB
Name:  228.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  86.4 KB
Name:  227.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  107.7 KB

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:35 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

No shipping to Canada...............Great!!
Caper....

Old 09-23-2010 | 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Looks nice Mikka. I had the same idea for mine just never got to it last year. Mine is a cycle country plow (wish i had the moose) but need to do the same thing to fix it.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this bumber??