Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need help w my trailblazer 400

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w my trailblazer 400

Today I went riding at reading anthracite this afternoon ,quad was running fantastic,I had just changed all the fuel lines after sitting 2 years w no fuel.I have a 44 flatslide on it but still have the throttle rpm limiter from the oem throttle still hooked up because it wouldn't run w out it otherwise.Anyway I rode 2-3 hours fueled back up,got some fuel that spilled all over and dripped down tank ,went to hit trail and as I went to peg the throttle it bogged bad and was like baaahhhh as I pushed the throttle wide open basically it just died out but went back to idle fine.I played around w the old throttle and it seemed to work but it was doing it rest of the afternoon and I didnt want to even hit any big hills for fear if it bogged out totally I be screwed,it went back to idle fine and part throttle was fine.It just seemed when I had it punched it wa slike momentarily it wasnt getting fuel and then it would take back off and then it bogged as I was leaving the trails to load it up.Any ideas I do have a new sparkplug in it,could this be bad reeeds ?

Old 11-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got water in the gas the last time you fueled up.
The limiter on these is not a rev limiter it is a reverse limiter.Unpluging the black wire from it will disable it.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm strange because the sunoco down the street where I bought it had new tanks put in about a month ago.I'm gonna blow out the vent cap and clean out the main jet and see how it goes.Thanks for your reply on this issue.I see your still rocking the polaris's ehh.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

UPDATE:Tonite I took carb apart,the bowl and jets were all munged and dunged up w a rusty looking varnish in it.I took the bowl,jets and soaked them in mineral spirits,while I sprayed and blew air through the carb.I put it all together ,it even started w the choke when it never use to always had to spray something flammable to get it too lite off,ran like a bat out of hell up and down the street and put it aWAyBest part was I did carb on the bike I didnt even take the throttle cap off left it all hooked up,reeds looked good.THumbs up!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the carb off now and clean it right.The pilot jet has many little holes in the sides and one small one through it.the all need to be clear.