Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Motor NEEDED Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor NEEDED Help!!

Am looking for a 2002 700 or 600 cc to fit my 2002 polaris sportsman 4x4. My motor is blown with a hole in the case and destroyed the internals. Anything would help i've looked up and down for 2 weeks straight for a motor i'm about to give up. thanks

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider

Might be easier to find a trash out quad with a good engine then just finding the engine by itself.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default not me

I have looked to my end. google this google that. all i can come up with is salvage yards that dont have any in stock. tried 2 online parts locators they never replied back after a week. I bought the bike this way to the guy who was wondering. The wife is second guessing me on this bike and i'm starting to second guess myself. I picked the bike up for 250 bucks so worst comes to worst i could sell it to a salvage yard i guess. I would really love to get it back going. Could really save my back cutting wood. thanks again

Old 01-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider

just be patient, something will turn up, it always does. Just keep a watchful eye on craigslist and e-bay.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Try salvage direct. Just google the name they are online. You can ask them if they have what you want in stock.
You will need someone with a license to make a purchase.The problem that you will run into is cost since there are high salvage returns on most ATV's. Also you will have to get the bike from them.
If that is an issue you could inquire about who is the major salvage vendor in your area that handles insurance losses since these guys all talk.
This will be your best bet since your bigger ins companies will use a vendor like salvage direct to sell off their totaled vehicles.
(an insurance company will not repair any frame damage on a quad due to saftey concerns so you could get a pretty sweet vehicle and part out what you dont need)

If you dont know anyone with a license go to a used auto lot and ask there since they get their vehicles from auction. Or google auto rebuilder in your area they will have the license needed.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

On the bright side, if all you paid for it was $250 you can easily part it out for 3-4 times that on E-bay. Wheels, brake parts, A-arms, handle bars,hubs, etc. Try searching random parts for a sportsman on E-BAY and you'll see what I mean.