Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

03 trailblazer 400 quicker bite from the clutch

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cooptroop5
would this belt work for 2005 trailboss 330?
thks
Coop
I would stick with a stock belt on the 330.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ftwflh
Try this belt POLARIS #3211113
Works great.May drag at first but when set in it will rock.
when you say it might drag at first, what exactly did you mean? and how long is "at first"? like the first little bit of the first ride, or for the first few rides or what?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

I'm just checking back in to let everyone know that I haven't forgotten about them I ordered everything today. here's what I ended up ordering:

Dalton Black/white Primary spring
Aaen Blue Secondary spring
Polaris Belt Part # 3211113

it should be in by next weekend and when I get everthing installed and test ride it I'll come back and let everybody know how that setup works for me. Thanks again for all the help along the way!!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

UPDATE: The belt that was suggested.... WOW!! it's awakend my quad more than anything I've done so far.... I have the Aaen Blue secondary spring, but I'm still waiting on my primary spring from Rittercycle.com which turns out that I was recommended to use the Dalton Black/Orange spring... He said it's about 2weeks out so when it gets here I'll do both springs at the same time and I'll RE-update to let everybody know how it does.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still....... waiting for my dalton primary from ritter cycle, but I went ahead and changed the secondary from the factory red to an Aaen blue. It kinda lagged for a few minutes, but when it set in(I guess) it is more responsive than I have ever seen it in the bottom end. Used to be with trying a figure 8 it would try to grab on the reversal but now it just keeps turning and goes the other way. And wheelies are MUCH easier now too. Whenever my primary spring comes in I'll change it and re-update, but so far it's come a looooooooooong way from where I started with changing the belt and the secondary spring.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I ended up getting a Dalton black/orange primary spring and got it put in yesterday. I don't know if somebody misunderstood what I was trying to acheive or if the spring I got was defective from the factory or what, but with the factory springs I could smoke my buddies 250ex. Changing the secondary spring took a little off the top but I was still 5-10mph faster. But this primary spring has taken so much away that his little honda gets me out of the hole and keeps pulling till the rev limiter then we stay neck and neck.... I can't find any good qualities with the black/orange primary spring. we rode for about 5 hours today and he was eating my bike up at everything we were doing I will be swapping back to the factory primary tomorrow until I can get an idea of what's really going on with the spring deal... Anybody have any ideas what could have happend?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

The blk/orange is too much for a stock pipe.The blk/white is perfect.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

So I guess I shouldn't have let me talk me into the blk/orange then. I just don't see how the little bit of difference in tension/rate between the blk/whi and blk/org is going to be that much of an improvement I can say that I'm absolutely disappointed in the blk/org spring. it moved along better with factory springs and cracked reeds petals I'll call rick in the next couple days and see what we can work out, but I'll be swaping back to the factory primary spring until something else happens. I still really like the way the Aaen blue secondary is working out. It's really snappy and has really good backshift. I don't really mind the higher stall of the blk/org, but the whole HAVING to use the override to back up on flat ground is pretty annoying, so I'll just have to see what rick says or if anybody out there wants an ever-so-slightly used Dalton black/orange primary spring I've got one for sale

Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Quad Patrol

You could get a Polaris white or EPI red ,a Polaris green will work too.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

I was told by my polaris dealer that their green was discontinued and the replacement was a little bit different. But either way I talked to rick and he's going to swap it out for the black/white for me. He said he must have misunderstood me when we talked, but he's going to make it right so I'm ok with that. I wish he wasn't so far away, I'd just run up there and swap it out so I can try it out

Quick Reply: 03 trailblazer 400 quicker bite from the clutch