Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

factory to dealer ship ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question factory to dealer ship ????

any buddy works at a dealer knows how long it takes for an order to ship from factory to your dealer? my dealer sold out of 850 XP EPS and order one pre sold on April 1 and said it should be in on May 2. that seems like for ever to me. thanks for the help.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsman rocks
any buddy works at a dealer knows how long it takes for an order to ship from factory to your dealer? my dealer sold out of 850 XP EPS and order one pre sold on April 1 and said it should be in on May 2. that seems like for ever to me. thanks for the help.
Always seemed to me the large dealerships got first dibs,then trickle down effect to smaller shops like ours! Just like those damned ecms that would trickle in two or three at at a time! Just supply and demand doesn't always work hand in hand,the American way! OPT

Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well sounds like a reasonable time. they might have to wait until they get alot more orders for bikes in the area as well to make it worth bringing a truck out unless they do LTL loads to get it there. imo

Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer didn't have the machine in stock that i wanted, he looked online at what dealers had them and made a phone call for a dealer trade, I had the new machine in less than 3 days.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by SomethingFishy
My dealer didn't have the machine in stock that i wanted, he looked online at what dealers had them and made a phone call for a dealer trade, I had the new machine in less than 3 days.
We have done that too,BUT on really desirable models,NO way a dealer will transfer when he can sell quickly himself!,other dealers wouldn't for us especially on the newest models and we wouldn't for them! When each of us dealers had plenty of models,then we transferred all the time. Kinda tacky I know,but business is business! OPT

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Will the other dealers that have the 850 EPS ofer you the same deal?

Old 04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

my dealer is great, this will be my forth polaris from them sics 08. im kida picky when buying new and i want one fresh out of the crate not 6 month old, and no other dealer in a 60 mile radius had one in stealth black. maybe il get lucky and it will show up on good Friday.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

my dealer is great, this will be my forth polaris from them sics 08. im kida picky when buying new and i want one fresh out of the crate not 6 month old, and no other dealer in a 60 mile radius had one in stealth black. maybe il get lucky and it will show up on good Friday.
Don't blame you for being picky,especially since its you money!! We've had machines on the floor for just a day or so and have had requests for one out of the crate so they could see it!! Congrats, this was the the best part of my duties,to go over new machines with customers when sometimes the salesman got tied up! OPT

Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Don't blame you for being picky,especially since its you money!! We've had machines on the floor for just a day or so and have had requests for one out of the crate so they could see it!! Congrats, this was the the best part of my duties,to go over new machines with customers when sometimes the salesman got tied up! OPT
i bought my 06 and 08' 800's out of the crate. hell i even drove to another dealer to pick up my 08' which they transfered it to my dealer for me to buy so some will work w/ you and some won't.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

my dealer called today and said quad is built and sitting on truck waiting to leave the factory,sweet!!! should be here next week.

Quick Reply: factory to dealer ship ????