Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Real Deal Behind Puting On A Lift Kit Pro vs Con

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks greg
The way you had lifted your quad is a good compramise and probably the best way to go about it. By extending the strut and using a shorter spacer you would not have any coil bind. But you still have the slight change in the cv-joint angles. I understand that you have had no problems but why did you take it off?

Old 03-22-2001, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reason#1 I have a five year warranty. I would like to keep it. I initially modified my bike, and the tech at the dealership said to bring it in stock if there was a problem. I did not break anything due to my mods, but the agreement I signed does not allow for any of the mods I installed, so I guess I removed the mods because I felt guilty. It is not right for me to expect them to hold up to their end of the agreement if I am not going to abide by the rules. So, my bike will remain basically stock for 5 years, or as long as I own it.

#2 Most of my riding is not in the mud anyway. We ride in Arkansas alot around Wolf Pen Gap, and Lake Greeson. We recently went to Beavers Bend in Oklahoma. I prefer that kind of riding. It is alot less damaging to the quad, and I do not have to spend 2 days cleaning the mud out of th camper, truck, clothes and ATV.

#3 Sportsmans are alreadly light in the front end. Lifting the front of the bike just makes hill climbing even more dangerous.

#4 When we do ride, sometimes we ride 4 hours from my house. I have the wife and kids with me, and I have already towed the camper all that way. There is usually a group of frinds with us that have driven just as far. We spend alot of money and time preparing for these trips, and there is nothing worse than getting there and having problems due to abusing the quad in 3 feet of mud two weeks prior. It would not be near as bad if I drove a Honda, but as you guys know, there is nothing worse that having a Polaris with a mechanical failure. You will hear about it for the rest of your life.

Greg