Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How can I change the color?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find some one that dose vinyl wraps for dirt race cars,..can wrap it any color under the rainbow,...an add stripes,..flames,..patterns,..logos,..any thing you can imagine,..an if you get tired of it,.peel it off an its factory stock again...an cheaper than new/used plastic...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

that's kinda what i'm looking for, an easy to apply different color to my bike. If I can find somebody that has something that would change the entire bike to a different color for less than a new set of plastics (whatever model and years that would work) for less than a new set from the factory or even on ebay (almost just as expensive) I would love to jump all over it, I just can't seem to find anything on the relatively cheap side. so far the cheapest has been POWER SPORTS WRAPS at around $280...... I know that's cheaper than a new set of plastics if I knew what other models/years would fit with different colors, but I have no idea what else would work on my bike as they only made "them" for about a year and a half. If anybody else knows of what would fit and which years will I would be absolutely grateful to know what they are!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,..should be able to get vinyl sheets of your color chioce an apply just like the camo wraps,..shop around to find a deal per sheet,..should need close to same cubic inch as camo for your machine,..post pic's an good luck!!

Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

IF I can find something that I like at a descent price, I will absolutely post some pics! I would like to find another model's plastics that would work on mine in a different color before I purchase a bunch of wrap material. But if nothing else will work that would be the way to go. Thanks for the help everybody, and if somebody knows what else will fit PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The plastic off a scrambler will fit but I'm not sure which years. They all look the same to me.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

that's about where I'm at with it too.... I'm sure some years would fit, because they look identical for several years, but I can't make myself order a set of plastics for lets say an 06 scrambler, or even an 03 for that matter just because I don't know the suttle differences.... I guess I need to load mine up on the trailer and haul it to one of the local atv bone yards and pull the ole tape measure out... I just don't know any other way to do it unless someone knows for 100% certain of one or more years that would fit. Otherwise i'm gonna have to find a wrap that I like for the right price.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:56 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

Krylon makes a line of spray paint called "Fusion" that is made to bond to plastics. I have used it to refresh the colors of my old Suzuki LT50 (yellow) and my Suzuki Vinson (forest green) and to paint a flame job on my Honda (red w/ yellow flames)
It bonds very well and is very chip/scratch resistant if you let it cure for about a week after painting.

Krylon: Products: Fusion for Plastic®

Oh yeah, it's available at Walmart

Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

My friend bought all new plastic for his Sportsman just to change the color. Most pricy way of doing it I would think.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Can't remember what year model they made these, but you don't see many of them.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TexasRoadlawyer
Krylon makes a line of spray paint called "Fusion" that is made to bond to plastics. I have used it to refresh the colors of my old Suzuki LT50 (yellow) and my Suzuki Vinson (forest green) and to paint a flame job on my Honda (red w/ yellow flames)
It bonds very well and is very chip/scratch resistant if you let it cure for about a week after painting.

Krylon: Products: Fusion for Plastic®

Oh yeah, it's available at Walmart
have you had any problems with it flaking or chipping off? How about fading?

Quick Reply: How can I change the color?