Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2012 Rumor Mill

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
I have already heard of people who put Renegade plastic on there Outlanders. There the same frame ,motor,tranny, drive train , gas tank,suspension other than front travel(8" vs 8.5") even the seats are the same. The Outty has larger 26" tires and a 1/2 inch less front suspension travel and different headlights, that is it for there differences.

If you took the time to look up all the part numbers between the two, they probably share 98% of every nut and bolt.

Heres a link if you want to see for yourself. 2010 Can-Am Renegade™ 800R EFI ATVs

So I guess Polaris could do the same with a XP , just throw some sporty Outlaw looking style Plastic on the XP and you have a Polaris version of a Renegade.

yep- rene & outty R shocks are the same, but the rene offers an X package with the upgraded KYB piggybacks- in 2009 anyway.
I also think the radiator is positioned differently along with the plastic mounting brackets- I don't think it's as easy as just swapping plastic, but as far as chassis, base shocks and motor go- it's the same.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
I have already heard of people who put Renegade plastic on there Outlanders. There the same frame ,motor,tranny, drive train , gas tank,suspension other than front travel(8" vs 8.5") even the seats are the same. The Outty has larger 26" tires and a 1/2 inch less front suspension travel and different headlights, that is it for there differences.

If you took the time to look up all the part numbers between the two, they probably share 98% of every nut and bolt.

Heres a link if you want to see for yourself. 2010 Can-Am Renegade™ 800R EFI ATVs

So I guess Polaris could do the same with a XP , just throw some sporty Outlaw looking style Plastic on the XP and you have a Polaris version of a Renegade.

theres more to things then just numbers. the shocks are totally different

Old 06-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris should deffinatly build the 850 to a sport machine!!! I feel like the scramy is just not doing it anymore. It seems they have been using the same machine for twenty years!!! All they did was change some plastic. BORING! I am suprised they even make that modle anymore with the outlaw taking over polaris's sport quad line... The scramy doesn't really appeal to anyone anymore

Old 06-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by TLC
There not after much more power for ATVs, if that was the case Polaris would just throw there Weber Built 750cc twin 4 stroke they been using for years in there there sleds and PWCs into there ATV.

The 750 has more HP than any ATV motor out there, even ones with a 250cc displacement advantage. Tires with 5psi are just not meant to go 100 MPH like sleds without law suits pending.
How about an etec 300 single or 500 twin etec atv. would be fun. easy to build for Can Am as the fuel mapping is already done.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I like the idea of an 850 sport quad I would like to see some kind of cross between a scrambler and a predator/outlaw with awd and the 800 or 850 stuffed in it and sport suspension. I would suspect polaris would tune the motor down quite a bit, but as soon as somebody made an aftermarket cdi/ecm that gave it it's proper output it would be one hell of a bike. I think they would sell a ton of em.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

I think polaris is selling so many XP, they really wanna focus on that line :-( it to bad they don't push more on the other modles

Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Range Rover

It'd be nice to see them come out with a lightened up light-duty sportsman XP 850 and 550 eps.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
theres more to things then just numbers. the shocks are totally different
Like I said they have some differences but very few, the main Parts, frame ,motor , tranny and drive train are the same. That pretty well what makes up a ATV in the large scoop of things.

Take the plastic/racks/bumper off of both a Outty and Renegade and sit them side by side and a person would not know which is which.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

bump

Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

I was wondering how long it was gonna take for someone to bump this thread :-)

Quick Reply: 2012 Rumor Mill