Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dynoport pipe/silencer/spark arrester and Delta v-force evaluations!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well installation is completed.I installed the Dynoport pipe/silencer/spark arrester and a Delta v-force reed and spacer.

I did regain my low end.In low range,the ATV will wheelie with ease.In high range[I have EBS],it wont come off the ground.Mid range is snappier than stock to.The fit is horrible!The end of the silencer hangs about 3-4 inches lower to the ground than the stock muffler,I dont care for that.Where the silencer bracket mounts to the frame,that bracket is 4 inches long on the new silencer,and only 2 inches on the stock one.This Dynoport silencer hangs much lower in the frame than the stock pipe/silencer,looks like crap.I called the owner of Dynoport to complain,but it did no good.He claimed it was to make room for the suspension,BS!There is no reason why they could'nt bend the silencer up a bit to better fit higher up in the frame!Now water crossings will drown my pipe much quicker.

I do love the mellow sound of this Dynoport pipe.

Performance?
Except for the low end on this Dynoport pipe,it cannot come close to the performance that I felt with the PSI pipe/silencer.It feels like it deleivers about half the acceleration of the PSI pipe,and I never even had the reeds installed in the Xplorer when I had the PSI pipe on it either.

About a yr ago,I raced my friend Brian on his 300ex.I was completely stock,so was he.He beat me from a stand still by about 3 quad lengths to around 45mph.Today,while in the parking lot of my local riding area,I drag raced a differant stock 300ex.We were dead even till around 30mph,I than SLOWLY started creeping away.We only raced to around 40mph,thats all the parking lot would permit.So I guess the pipe did give me some more acceleration,but for an investment of around 500 dollars,im disappointed.Would I do it again?Probably not,
Bill

Old 03-12-2001, 08:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a dynoport silencer on my scrambler 500 and it fits and sounds good

Old 03-12-2001, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I cant stand the way my silencer looks,it is just to low in the frame and has a downward slant to it.Very poor engineering on behalf of Dynoport.
Bill

Old 03-13-2001, 03:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a dynoport pipe/silencer on my 99 sport and the fit is perfict i couldt be happer

Old 03-13-2001, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider

And its hard to beleive what a performance differance there is between two pipes? On acceleration above 8mph,the PSI pipe felt like it wanted to ''rip'' the handlebars out of your hands,the Dynoports acceleration gain does not feel anywhere close to PSI.
Bill

Old 03-13-2001, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Bill

What jetting size are you running?? I say this because my first experience with jetting was on my 94 sportsman 400L. Being that this was my first 2-stroke, I was concerned about winter jetting, so I asked my dealer. He recommended a 230 up from the stock 210. After installing it my quad was a dog so I went back to the 210 and the performance differance was amazing. The only time I worry about being jetted to lean, is when the temps get to around -20 and then a 220 will do the job. Just so you know. I ran that quad for 4000 miles without a problem and when I sold it to upgrade to a 96 Xplorer, the compression was still like new. I do not know if your EBS has anything to do with your take off but I do know that my 99 with a 220jet will wheelie to the point of me worrying about flipping over, in HIGH range. This would be simply sitting on the quad in a normal driving position and not pulling on the bars or doing anything else to assist the wheelie and just flooring it from a standstill. My quad is stock with the exception of a RCR airbox mod and a unifilter.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Snowride,
At my elevation and for temperatues above 40 degrees,my manuel suggests staying with a stock 210 main jet.

For temperatures below 40 degrees,the manuel suggests that you re-jet to a 230 main jet.I do have the RcR airbox mod to.

Currently,I have a 230 for a main jet.Do you think it would be advisable to jet down to a 220 for now?Temperatures are SLOWLY warming in my neck of the woods but we seldom reach temperatures above 40 degrees,so thats really why I have the 230 in there right now.Average riding temperatures right now are around 32 degrees.

I can wheelie the ATV in low range now,however,it does not want to go up in high range.Acceleration is no where near as snappy with the Dynoport pipe when compared to the PSI pipe,but I have at least regained my low end.

I guess I just expected more performance for the approximate 500 dollars I have invested in the pipe,reed spacer and reed valve?

I'd of love to been able to keep that PSI pipe if I could of got a low end out of it.With the Dynoport pipe,I know im NOT getting everything I can from my engine,the PSI pipe proved that.And I hardly doubt that the Dynoport pipe adds the advertised 9hp gain it claims.
Bill

Old 03-13-2001, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bill ,most all pipes need a certain degree of tuning. If any pipe produces more power it must
be clutched accordingly. Atv pipe development for
utility bikes is very poor imo. I would want to see a dyno comparison between the stock pipe and
aftermarket before buying. Sure someone's pipe may
produce 7 more hp at top rpm but if you lose 5 at
lower rpm's what did gain? When riding you spend
more time at lower rpm's than at wot, so I would
want a pipe that produces more hp at a lower rpm
and if it was only 1 hp more on top you would be
better off.Now to only problem is getting a pipe
manufacturer to supply you with a dyno comparison.
I hope you find success in your mods.

Old 03-13-2001, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

400Bossman,
thats the problem I ran into with the PSI pipe.It rocked after I hit 8mph,but it was a turtle out of the hole.We did everything we could to the clutching to help out the low end,it did'nt work.Your correct,the better top end of the PSI means NOTHING if I lose like hell on the low end,
Bill

Old 03-13-2001, 07:29 PM
Range Rover

Bill, which Dynoport did you get? I have the dynoport cheater pipe and it actually sits higher than the stock due to the silencer being more narrow. You probably already know this but there is an adjustment that you can screw out to push the pipe up assuming the pipe would allow this.(mine did) I am am runnig the stock 210 jetting which is what Dynoport told me to do. What jetting did they tell you to run? I also have an RCR type airbox mod with a k&n and an outerware and Boysen reeds. My plug looks ok and it will wheelie easily in low but not in high. I too lost a little on the low end but not very much though and I made up for this with what I gained in the rest of the power band. Have you messed around with the air screw to see if that helps any?
Joe

Quick Reply: Dynoport pipe/silencer/spark arrester and Delta v-force evaluations!