Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Specta, Just tell me you have a set of reptile radials to test. That way you will have tested all the tires I'm looking at....lol
Like the way you have been telling stuff about the bike and tires,the good and the bad you are finding. With no worry's about if you will hurt anybody's feeling so we are hearing the truth and facts from a rider. Enjoy the smooth ride and be safe. Thank you,Polaris and Doug.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna105
Well Specta, Just tell me you have a set of reptile radials to test. That way you will have tested all the tires I'm looking at....lol
Like the way you have been telling stuff about the bike and tires,the good and the bad you are finding. With no worry's about if you will hurt anybody's feeling so we are hearing the truth and facts from a rider. Enjoy the smooth ride and be safe. Thank you,Polaris and Doug.
thank you dyna105

Sorry no retiles as of yet but we never know whose going to send tires.

The last thing I want to do is offend anyone, I'm just telling it as I see it.

I am enjoying this ATV. Sometimes it's the simple things like the rear trunk that replaced the rear seat and the large floorboards that make a difference.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Do they give you the option of buying that 550 after the years up at a discounted price ?

Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Spdecat
Do they give you the option of buying that 550 after the years up at a discounted price ?
yes they do

I'm sure when I get done with it it should be worth a couple hundred bucks

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Ummmmm.....How do I get to be a test driver.....lol....If you have any trouble keeping up with all those nice new tires comin your way, I can give you a hand over here in NY testing...I need some new sneakers...lol...

John

Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
Ummmmm.....How do I get to be a test driver.....lol....If you have any trouble keeping up with all those nice new tires comin your way, I can give you a hand over here in NY testing...I need some new sneakers...lol...

John
I'd like to keep some for myself

Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Just having fun 1/10/2012 - YouTube
Just playing a little.

You can tell the throttle is shut and the rear wheels are sliding down the hill, I hate that.
As usual it's a lot steeper than it looks in the video.

My fault: I have not taken it in to the dealer to have the ADC repaired.

Their fault: That it even has an issue with soo few miles on it.

I was talking about different issues with a good friend of mine and he looked at me and said:
"that's the problem with you Honda owners, you expect everything to work all the time".

Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

My ADC works perfectly, but I don't like to use it so if it were to quit, I wouldn't mind a bit. Don't think you are missing out with it not working. My wife, on the other hand, love hers and uses it all the time.
I've been meaning to ask. When they gave you this atv, did they tell you to just ride it, or see if you could break it. I'm not implying anything here at all, just wondering if they want an extreme test or typical riding type of test? How do you describe your type of riding? Just trying to fill in a few blanks so that at the end of your year with this atv people can relate to it in terms of what to expect from a machine like this, if you follow what I'm trying to say. Maybe not real clear, but I know what I mean.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

thanks Bob

Doug asked Polaris if it was OK for me to ride it for a year and put on a few thousand miles instead of just a couple hundred like most testers do.

I'm not purposely being hard or abusing it in any way although I do think I ride harder than most folks do.

Doug told me to ride it like it was mine and that's what I'm doing. Doug knew prior to giving it to me just how I ride. He is amazed my other ATV has lasted soo long.

I take care of it. I changed the oil and filter using Polaris parts for the 20 hour service and I will follow the manual for scheduled services and use only Polaris parts, that all comes out of my pocket. Any repairs during the year Polaris picks it up. If I blow it up or wreck I won’t get it back.

I enjoy riding it a lot. There are lots of things I really like about it and the stability is #1.

If I didn't answer your question please let me know.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.
I have read test reviews where the sole purpose was to go out and beat the he!! out of a machine. Those do me no good since that isn't how I ride or treat my machines, nor do the majority of others I bet. Real world riding results are a lot more meaningful in my opinion.
Hard riding is one thing, abusive riding is an altogether different animal.