Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the shifter on the right as well. It just feels natural to grab a shifter **** with the right hand. Goes along with nearly everything I drive. I get into my wife's car sometimes and will be searching for a shifter that isn't there then just laugh at myself. I also prefer low before high in the shift pattern since much of my riding can be slow and technical. And I too think the shifter on the left feels weird. I traded rides with a buddy for about an hour, out on a ride to see how I like the grizzly and how he liked Polaris and the whole time I kept grabbing air with my right hand. Other than Yamaha's polock shifter placement it wasn't to bad of a machine.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
We have a lot of trails here that are a mix of rough sections where low and slow is the best approach. Then you hit a section that's smooth enough to do 25-30 or so. It gets old fast to switch back and forth all the time.
Originally Posted by bgirard420
Maybe it needs a few more miles of breaking-in?
I can shift from low range to high at 15 mph on my Rubicon. I'm sure it's due to the helical gears in the sub trans and the shifter being on the left side so I can shift and control the trottle at the same time.

I have over 650 miles on the Touring so far and going 50 mph is fine with me with no complaints.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta

Is out in front the best place for the brake line??
Nope.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Nope.
I seriously doubt that I'll ever pucture it just noticed it one day while I was stopped for a break.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

That's one reason I wish Polaris would switch to an inboard set-up like the can-am have. Just one less thing hanging out there to snag debris and what- not.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

I went out to start my ATV today and it just clicked. I put the battery charger on it and checked it about an hour later and the charger said the
battery was defective so I disconnected the charger and did it again and the results came back the same, defective battery.

It started up on its own and it is charging so I'll ride it and see what happens.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

I'm on my third battery for a 2010 machine.

Since using a tender things seem to be fine so far.

It's a tad annoying when you're out and it won't turn over due to a flat battery. It's even more annoying when you reach for the pull cord and remember Polaris left that out to keep the sale price as low as possible!!!!!!!

James

Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by james feeney
I'm on my third battery for a 2010 machine.

Since using a tender things seem to be fine so far.

It's a tad annoying when you're out and it won't turn over due to a flat battery. It's even more annoying when you reach for the pull cord and remember Polaris left that out to keep the sale price as low as possible!!!!!!!

James
This makes me reluctant to ride very far by myself. If I got out in the middle of nowhere by myself and the battery died I would be pi$$ed.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

This makes me reluctant to ride very far by myself. If I got out in the middle of nowhere by myself and the battery died I would be pi$$ed.
When I didn't listen to my battery telling me it was time for a replacement and I went for a ride anyhow, it wasn't fun. With fuel injection the system needs more power than the carbed models. I noticed that the pull start charged the battery just enough, even if it didn't start with the pull start, to get it going again so I could get back to the truck.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

So what need's to be done so rider's can hit the trails alone for the day carry a spare battery ? It sound's like you are starting to lose confidence in your 2012 machine ? I'm betting when the year's up that you don't buy it and that the next machine you do buy won't be a Polaris .