Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
Right now after spending $30 for the oil and filter I figure I’m still $9269 ahead.
Nice!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12/17/2011

349 miles.

No power steering this morning. It needed gas too.

I went 60.6 miles on that tank of gas.

According to Polaris the tank holds 5.25 gallons, it took 5.3 to fill it.

That calculates to 11.4 mpg.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, I don't think I'd be pleased with that kind of MPG. Were you in low gear driving for the 60+ miles?........

Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Wow, I don't think I'd be pleased with that kind of MPG. Were you in low gear driving for the 60+ miles?........
I was exercising it bit but I still expect better than that. I'd accept that from working a big bore.

I have it a little over 20 mpg so I really can't complain too much.

And after a few minutes the EPS did start working.

On the paved HWY in 2-wd I have not been able to get it up to 50 mph yet and that's on a 1/2+ mile stretch and was doing 30+ when I got on the HWY.

Maybe it still needs more miles put on it.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

I surely think something is amiss in not reaching the 50 mph mark......and 11 mpg to boot.....something is not right. On my X2 500, the worst was 16 mpg and the best was 24 mpg and 50 mph is not a challenge. Does your engine seem strong, peppy, or so-so?........

Old 12-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

I think it actually runs pretty good.

Maybe it just needs a fe wmore miles put on it.

I would really like to go for a "ride", you know like 50-60 miles of so.

I have just not been able to get out and ride like I want. Kills me.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have my X2 on Craigslist for sale and I'm getting a Touring 850.....tired of waiting for an X2 850 with EPS.......with the 850 I hope to be getting better than 11 mpg....? I like your "review" on the Touring.....keep it up, warts and all.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by NoJoke
I have my X2 on Craigslist for sale and I'm getting a Touring 850.....tired of waiting for an X2 850 with EPS.......with the 850 I hope to be getting better than 11 mpg....? I like your "review" on the Touring.....keep it up, warts and all.
Thanks NoJoke.

I'm not "judging" or "comparing" it, just noting what I like, don't like and just things I notice.

I do enjoy riding it and I would take a Touring over a 1-up. They ride harder due to the heavier springs for the passenger but I like the seat gone and the added storage box that you can buy and I appreciate Polaris giving me the storage box.

The added stability of the Tourings longer wheel base is a huge bonus.

I'm sure that I affect the gas mileage as well but I was surprised to see it that low and it doesn't matter to me if it never hits 50 mph or not.

I have said this before but with these Black Diamond XTRs this is a very aggressive machine.

Old 12-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Range Rover

I'm enjoying your review as well, very good read

I wish I could get out and ride as much as you, I have a whole 26 miles on my new 850 xp that I got on Nov 7th, lol.

No issues with the quad yet as I have barley rode it but I did have to get a new winch already, half way through plowing my driveway for the first time my son came out of the house and wanted to go for a ride, we went out behind the house in the stubble field and were clipping along at a pretty good speed when the plow dropped to the ground, snow, stubble and dirt flying, lucky we didn't go over the bars, lol.

The 3500lb Polaris winch wouldn't even lift the plow and I have to leave it in the field and go get some wire to hold it up, hope the new one last longer than one day, it got warm here and we haven't had any snow at all since mid Nov so I haven't been able to put the new one to the test, sure hope we get some before Christmas, it just doesn't seem right with out 3 ft of snow outside this time of year.

Thanks again for the review your doing, I always look forward to reading the updates.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta
I was exercising it bit but I still expect better than that. I'd accept that from working a big bore.

I have it a little over 20 mpg so I really can't complain too much.

And after a few minutes the EPS did start working.

On the paved HWY in 2-wd I have not been able to get it up to 50 mph yet and that's on a 1/2+ mile stretch and was doing 30+ when I got on the HWY.

Maybe it still needs more miles put on it.

Your EPS stopped working already any details on what's going on there ?