Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Specta....are you keeping a log of events of any problems as the mentioned EPS shutdown, the pluses and the minuses, mpg, services or shop time, etc?......

Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Specta....are you keeping a log of events of any problems as the mentioned EPS shutdown, the pluses and the minuses, mpg, services or shop time, etc?......
I am. More plusses than minuses and I got 20 mpg on my last ride.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Specta
I am. More plusses than minuses and I got 20 mpg on my last ride.

You should have a Sticky started where you could list the issues and at what mileage they o cured . Something that we can access easily to see how things are going . I'm not liking the fact that you already have had power steering issues .

Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Spdecat
I'm not liking the fact that you already have had power steering issues .
I rode it 2-3 times since the initial trouble and there has not been any since.

Long term will tell.

I still would not but a new ATV without EPS, regardless of the brand.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

You should have a Sticky started where you could list the issues and at what mileage they o cured . Something that we can access easily to see how things are going . I'm not liking the fact that you already have had power steering issues .
you can just search the polaris forum if you want issues, opinions & reviews on PS, really don't need a sticky.

personally I can't wait to have an atv with ps- my next atv will have PS for sure! it's amazing over rock gardens and keeping the arm / wrists rested. very little (if any) deflection.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

its great too decending steep rocky trails when all the weight is on the front tires

Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
you can just search the polaris forum if you want issues, opinions & reviews on PS, really don't need a sticky.

personally I can't wait to have an atv with ps- my next atv will have PS for sure! it's amazing over rock gardens and keeping the arm / wrists rested. very little (if any) deflection.

Where not doing a sticky because of the power steering , Specta has use of a 550 free for a year to test for and list issues with the bike . A sticky I thought would be a great place where he could list all the problems with the machine that we could access easily . The power steering is just the first ( maybe ) issue that he's had .

Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Where not doing a sticky because of the power steering , Specta has use of a 550 free for a year to test for and list issues with the bike . A sticky I thought would be a great place where he could list all the problems with the machine that we could access easily . The power steering is just the first ( maybe ) issue that he's had .
I hear ya but even so- there's a lot of people on this forum who have been riding 09-2011 550's for a while now- some with issues, some with none. There's nothing special about someone trying out an atv. Imagine if I put a sticky review up for the 15 atv's I've owned in the last 3 years- it's really just one persons opinion / experience on one atv. Not really sticky material.

if they put a sticky up for every make model atv made, or every time someone had a review of one- you'd have to scroll through pages of sticky's to get to member's posts... there would be a lot of sticky's indeed

Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

So Specta, does that ruin the 24 miles and 45 minutes of trouble free riding?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
So Specta, does that ruin the 24 miles and 45 minutes of trouble free riding?
I'm up to 122 miles, trouble free.

I don't consider the EPS an issue at this point at all. Every ATV out there has had some sort of a hickup at one time or another.

Possibly considered a "glitch" but not an issue or a problem. I rode it again this morning for a few miles and it's just fine.

I don't think anything I will/would ever post would be "sticky" material.

Quick Reply: stupid question