Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sad to see her go yet excited!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sad to see her go yet excited!

I sold my beloved 850XP today. Her new home will be 2000 miles to the west in Nevada. I have put many hours into making her a true one of a kind unit. Friday my new toy will arrive. A 2012 Sportsman 850XP touring LTD. I went with this choice since my 6 year old like to ride with daddy all the time. Some states only allow this on a true 2 up. The mods have already started! I already have on the way F&R Guru Bumpers, C7 Wheels w/Black Diamond XTR's, HID's, fender flares, Rotopax fuel packs, Ricochet A Arm Guards, Warn ProVantage 60" plow w/ power pivot and a new on the market ATVSuperStore lock & ride rear hard box made to fit around the rear seat of the touring. I am excited to see the outcome.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that was a beautiful atv

just think of alll the awesome daddy / son time you'll have on the new (kick-***) 2012 touring

Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Sounds like you have a lot of good times ahead of you.

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Very nice!!! You'll create memories that will last a lifetime.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

you will enjoy the touring

Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevada is a really nice home for any ATV. Or almost any state here in the great Southwest.

You are making an excellent decision getting a two up. The geometry of the bike was designed for the weight positioning of two people and better brakes and a toughr frame. A one passenger vehicle was designed and engineered for one person and a second person cancels the safety that was designed into the bike. I cringe every time I read about two people hurt or killed on an ATV, it happens way too many times. It is the same thing as riding three adults on a street bike, its not meant for that use and a bad outcome is being set up for everyone on the bike.

Besides the ability to safely carry a passenger, you will notice how much better the 2 up unit rides when you are riding solo. 99% of the time, the longer wheel base will give you an advantage when conquering tough trails and especially steep inclines or going up or down rock ledges. I breeze up ledges that other riders have flipped over backwards on. Enjoy your new ride, it's a great bike. Ride safe with that little passenger of yours, you're raising him right!.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!
Smile

Nice ride..That will be my next machine..Wifey just sold hers...

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know that feeling. when i sold my first freedom and again w/ my 08' 800. either way they are fun to put things on but they can be true money pits as far as putting more toys on them.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Trailblazer

The newer the better to share with your Kid. It will be a blast for him to ride a new one. enjoy

Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

[QUOTE=davidaz;3075918] you will notice how much better the 2 up unit rides when you are riding solo. QUOTE]

The touring has heavier springs in the rear than its single rider counterpart and has a stiffer ride with only one person on due to it being designed primarily for carrying two riders.

I find the longer wheel base to be a plus climbing steep inclines but a hindrance in tight spaces. My 550 doesn't turn near as sharp as my single rider ATV.

How did you like you Black Diamond XTRs?

Quick Reply: Sad to see her go yet excited!