Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

07 500efi x2 issues clicks and blinks once and a while

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 500efi x2 issues clicks and blinks once and a while

im working on a 07 500efi x2. when you turn the key on every thing will stay off then for a few seconds the speedo will turn on then turn off, along with the fuel pump....

what are the known issues and what have you ran into with yours and to solve the problem..

thnaks

Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Control module under the front panel has been most prone to cause problems. Lets too much moisture in and shorts out. located down by the radiator.Plus check that the battery connections are tight! Plus can't remember off hand if there is a circuit breaker taped on the top of the harness under the front panel on the 07? If there is could be shorting out? OPT

Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

well i thought it was the black box under the headlight. as the orginal one in the wheeler will come on from time to time and some times it will stay on long enought to start it and also has a check engine light.

the new box dosent have a check engine light and will not let the wheeler start. and is more of a "flasher" than anything.

the starter when holding the key in the start postion wil go click, click, click. and will almost turn it over but never will.

whats the control box under the front cargo box control?

i did take it apart and looked dry and no corrshion in it.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

If you can eliminate the battery, ignition switch,or wiring short,it's NOT usually the black box(brain box,ecm) but the controller module #4011657. It has internal circuit breakers and can short out or be intermittent! Might be cheaper to pay a for diagnostic hookup and you will know for sure rather than trying to guess and throw expensive parts at it! This is where efi systems need the Digital Wrench at the dealers. OPT

Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

humm.

well i took that box apart. the circuit breakers must be "SMD" type. as i didnt see any actual breakers. wonder if i could take a voltmeter and look on the net to find them type breakers?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

problem solved.

the black box under the headlight pod was bad. "new one" orginal one was good.

and the power dist box under the front rack was bad.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Power distribution module under the front rack was the module I was referring to. If you tried to change out the 'Black box" or ecm as it's referred to as, they won't operate as it has to be programmed on Polaris Digital Wrench software to each machine! Any time we changed an ecm we had to program it!We did this several times in the shop when switching ecms out tracking down problems! You can't just throw a new ecm on a unit and expect it to run! Anyway glad the problem is solved! OPT

Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

im suprised the dealership didnt say that when they sold it.... kinda dumb that it needs to be programmed to the wheeler...

in anycase im glad i dont have an efi..... yaya. bla bla here we go with the argument again. but ill go carb any day...

anyways im hopeing to get the box and figure out whats wrong with it really on the inside. there are no circit breakers on the inside. just transsitors and alota SMD parts. so hopefully i can figure it out and post the results so i can save people out there $200 or more...

thanks opt....

Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Some parts counter men wouldn't know about programming a new ecm,especially in the larger multi dealerships! They just order the parts for you! Service men would have told you right off! If you can diagnose the pdm and have a repair solution instead of replacement, post it for the other fellas! Service techs don't have the luxury of time to tear into stuff, we just replaced bad parts! Good luck OPT
+1 on carb machines as far as being able to work on em at home!