Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Loose Plugs on Outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Plugs on Outlaw 525

Could someone tell me what these plugs are for and of the should be connected to something? Im not sure because I cannot find the other end to either one of them.
Loose Plugs on Outlaw 525-phswv.jpg

Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

The sealed tip white/red wire is unused, but is hot when the key is turned on(can be used for accessories) Can't tell what the connector is or wire colors OPT

Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's just 2 black wires that go into the wire look right there. I have no clue what they're for.

Im having electrical problems with my Outlaw. It won't start and it messed up my new battery for it making it smoke really bad and lost all power. I've tried replacing the starter and putting in a battery with double the cranking amps (Which messed up). And now the old battery starts smoking off the terminals when I try starting it.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Look for burnt or bare wires,sounds like you have a bad short somewhere in the harness. Start at the battery connections,starter solenoid and work your way up the harness. Hopefully you didn't replace the battery backwards? OPT

Old 02-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Alright it's been a while but I figured I should update this.

We ended up buying a new battery, new starter, new starter solenoid, and voltage regulator. That worked for a while and the fourwheeler fired right up, except the exhaust got hot pretty quick so we checked the jetting and replaced it because it was clogged.

It ran perfect for a while. Now it won't start again. It's like it doesnt have enough power to turn the motor over. I'm completely stunned on this one so I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright today I decided to have my brother pull start me to ride it. Ran great for a minute or two. Then it would just randomly die. And I know it wasn't me that cause it to die. It could be a ground wire but I still had power everywhere else.

So now when it runs, it randomly dies. And it still doesn't start on its own. I still have no clue on how to fix either one of these.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Other than maybe a carb or fuel supply problem if you have already ruled this out,still sounds like a short or could even be a mechanical poblem? Have you checked compression? OPT

Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

is battery dead again?may need a good battery to run, did you check to see if battery was charging?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

We've checked the compression and the fuel supply is good. We just redid the jetting because they were clogged. We checked all the valves and they're fine, decompression valve is fine. That's was the first thing we checked because this motor is known for the rod or something in there breaking. I have went throught all the open wiring looking for shorts and stuff but didn't see anything. I might have to go more in-depth.

Kerbbirds, we charged the battery over night and it's brand new, so I'm sure it's good. It's charging when the fourwheeler is running.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Also there is a cap that covers the circuit breakers.Can't remember if they are resettable fuses?? Have you checked this out for any loose wires,mud dirt, the breaker holder itself,etc that could cause problems? OPT

Quick Reply: Loose Plugs on Outlaw 525