Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Blinking fuel guage speedo needle

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking fuel guage speedo needle

07 sportsman 500efi, fuel guage and speedo needle are blinking like im on fumes but she's full of fuel. Fellas this is driving me nuts as I maintain constantly, clean it after rides, and a blinking light out of the corner of my eye when I fire it up makes my blood boil. I'm so **** about maintenance that everytime I'm done cutting wood I take my chainsaw apart clean it up before putting away. IMO the little extras add up and increase performance, time and life of machines. Thanks for all info, no need to call me obssesive, ****, or perfectionist as the wife does already!!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

It is trying to tell you there is a malfunction or perhaps the service engine monitor is out of hours and it needs a oil change...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

check your other post I made a reply there for you

Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Range Rover
Angry aggravating blinkin speedo fuel guage

Ive got maintenance remindr off I go over after each ride. whether it plowing, to and from the woods cutting wood, trail riding, workimg up foodplots. Got no codes so it'll probably be a $75 part, that really chaps ,my *** too as I baby her when cutting and hauling wood OR hangn tree stands.
Yawl think a new fuel filter would do? shes ready to be replced please say its easy as that! THANKS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,BOYS AND GIRLS. My Android cant fix this!

Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider

my gauge was reading wrong a few yrs back. so insted og buying a new tanks and or sensor "mines not an efi" but same idea. take your front storage compartment off. the head light pod aprt. the seat off, side pannels, front cab fender, and get to the gas tank sending unit. take the fuel line off, and you might beable to get the sending unit out by removeing the scews around the ring, or you may have to remove the tank all the way out. anyways my issues was there forsome odd reason was resitance on the contacts on the flote arm. so i took the level sensor out and rand the ram up and down a few times to get good contact. after that i havent had an issue yet. you could also use a volt meter and check the resistance in the plug fround under the head light pod behind the lower cover under the headlight pod. i fixed mine. sounds like the same issue.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Its a late reply but in the past 2 months I have seen 2 different machines with this same issue. Both cases ended up being a bad float on the float arm. They will float in water, but drop them in fuel and they sunk to the bottom.

Had an old efi pump assy laying around and swapped the float and problem was cured. The other was a bombardier and he replaced the pump.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Range Rover
Thumbs up Got her!

Thanks to all that chimed in on this, Pulled pump and looked her over, all appeared normal did the same as Chuck posted, took off float as harley did and it still floated in fuel. But anywho no more blinking! Beats the hell outta the price of a new pump! Now I can use the atv w/out having that blinking stareing me in the face and drivin me nuts. Lifes as good as it can get for an unemployed and searching fella in this economy. Thanks again !

Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

so what actuly fixed it? run the arm up and down a few times?