Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Non-H.O. 500 vs. Tweaked Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-1999, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just gotta gloat a little, Some guy on a Big Bore (all I could get out of him was that it was over 400 cc) Wolverine kept trying to race me Friday nite out at the river where we ride, I just kept cruising with my woman, but this a$$hole would NOT quit. Every time we all stopped to drag another machine thru a hole, or stop for a beer break, he was running his mouth... We were Polaris strong that nite too, 5 Polari?? 2 Yamahas and a Honda.. (one was a Y2K Big Bear.. WHAT A JOKE.. BUT THATS A DIFFERENT STORY)
We got to this LONG sandy beach at one spot on the river, and my "seatcover" asked me if I ran him, did I think he'd finally shut up?

Well, we ran 6 times, and each time, either he took off first, or a neutral person said go, and 6 times, I DRILLED HIS A$$!!!!!!!!!..

I humiliated him, every time , after I pulled infront of him, I'd stand up, and start yellin,"This AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT POLARIS POWER, BBBAAAABBBYYYYYY!!!!!!"
He got pissed, and just left and drove back to his truck... maybe I shouldn't have acted that way.. but after two hours of continual naggin like my ex-wife... It was time to shut HIM UP!!...
Sorry, But I though you Polaris guys and women might like to know that just because we're heavier, doesn't mean we're slower...

Old 08-23-1999, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hahaha, I am glad to hear that. I have always wondered how a stock VS stock non-ho Scrambler vs Wolverine compared.

Old 08-25-1999, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

He needed just what he got"dust" by the way was the Wolverine running 23" tires, I hope not, with 25" on mine a bounce on and off the rev. limiter at 56.9 mph,on asphalt, readings were by gps. I have dragged my freinds 500 explorer on the road several times, I always pull out front until 4th gear than he passes me and pulls ahead by about 4 quad lenghts, his atv is stock including tires, my Wolverine has a stock engine with jet kit,supertrap pipe,torque stuffer,proflow air filter kit and 25" tires.(mudrunners)Perfromance isn't too bad considering 500cc verses 350cc, but I can tell you one thing"nothing goes through the mud like a POLARIS"

Old 08-25-1999, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah !!!!!!!!

Acually my buddy has a 98 wolverine ( stock ) and he's always boasting about how his wolverine will keep with my 99 scrambler 500 ( when it was stock ) and if he had some mods he would surpass me. I kept telling him he was high but he would fire up a marlboro and keep squalking. I blew by him on one hill climb he quieted down for the rest of the year.

In all fairness the wolverine is a pretty good machine. I like the fact that it has all shaft drive and that it is 100 lbs lighter than my bike. The motor however is the bear minimum ( for me at least ), the bike does not really have a sporty feel and you have no choice but to ride in 4wd all the time. The ride is pretty plush though.

The sportsman 500 is the king of the 4wd in my book and if your not sure check out Jack schultz's Woods Cadillac.

Old 08-25-1999, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

We probably didnt hit 60, but I'd say I hit 50 before I had to shut down to keep from going head first into the river.
I TRY not to act like that, but this guy just wouldn't quit.
I liked the Wolverine ALOT more than the Big Bear(which I now own) but when I realized it DIDN'T have a back up pull cord start, it was IMMEDIATELY dropped for the short list. The salesman told me,"oh you can always push/pull start it!".. My reply was, "from the bottom of a hill by yourself???" Now, I just won't own another Yamaha.. (Kinda like Bill with his Sportsman, I still think he and I oughta TRADE!!)
Anyway, I think that guy was running 25" tires.. I heard everything from, you cut me off, you left first (although He clearly left first EVERYTIME), I missed a gear, I can't get traction, We both have 4wd and I spun most of the way, he spun in first and second.. so I don't know exactly what his problem was..
Wait, His problem might have been that Purple Polaris screaming by him like he was riding a tricycle.... lolololol...