Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler light sport tire

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-1999, 01:32 PM
jim
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used a motocross/sport tire combo on their Scrambler like the Holeshots, Shredders, Razors or Kedna Dominators? I wanted to improve the handling of the my quad by lowering it, improving the side wall strength to avoid tire roll over in cornering & weight. The size I'm looking at is 20" rears & 21" fronts. I'll sacrifice some ground clearance for improved handling & since I only ride w/ sport/race machines, I'll still be able to go where ever they can go & then some. Of course I was still wanting the fronts to dig in 4WD & maybe even the aligned knobies, which is standard in these race type tires, would still be able to dig into loose dirt a little. I was wondering if anyone has tryed it yet. Thanks for any suggestions, Jim Maloney 98 400 Scrambler

Old 08-24-1999, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

Go with the Holeshots XCT's, they are awesome and you dont have to loose any ground clearance and they handle amazingly. They rear tire on the XCT's is 6 ply, and the front are 4 ply, tough tough tire. Believe me you wont be disappointed.

Chuck '99 Scrambler 400, DynoPort Pipe, Holeshot XCT, Douglas wheels.

Old 08-26-1999, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds good i'll take em.........( dialing the number for a mail order )......." Hello, I would like to order a set of Holeshot XTC's...bla...bla....bla....O.K. so i should receive them Friday or Saturday...Cool..Thank you ( Click )"

I should have them by Saturday so i can try them out when i go riding Sunday. Can't Wait !!!!!!!

Chris P.
99 Scrambler 500

Old 08-26-1999, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Talon,
Did you notice a difference good or bad in traction loss/gain for the front with the holeshots? Just wondering...
c-ya

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 (New & improved with RCR kit and more raisins than ever) & '99 Trailblazer for Baby Butt Cheeks...

Old 08-26-1999, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

For the the tires well they definitely have some traction. When you hit the throttle you are gone. I didnt notice any handling difficulties or slippage of the front tires, they always hook up and they ride like a charm. If you want pure facts look at every GNCC riders tires, they all use Holeshots. Hope this helps bud.

Chuck '99 Scrambler 400

Hey drop me an email and let me know what ya did!

Old 08-26-1999, 01:18 PM
jim
Pro Rider

I really wanted to lower the quad for handling reasons & the Holeshots actually look tall for their size where as a Bandit looks small in the same size. I would Definately go w/ the Bandits, since they are the shortest & have the best front (4wd) tread, if they didn't weigh so darn much since I'm also trying to reduce weight. I wanted something in at least a 4ply - 6 ply rating also. The Kenda Dominator that is used on the new Bombadier quads seem to have the front tread angled, benificial for 4wd, are 4 ply, are in between the Hole shots & Bandits as far as height & are the lightest. So I guess I'll go w/ the Kenda's & let you know how they work out. I'm also ordering a 7 clicker HPD steering stabilizer which I'll also put on at the same time. I hope I notice a difference. It's really nice to know the the Hole shots worked out well for you in 4wd since they have aligned knobbies which says that the Kedna should atleast work as well if not better in 4wd. Thanks for the input. The real test for me will be when there's 18" of snow.
Thanks again Jim Maloney 98 400 Scrambler