Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Expedition Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 08:27 PM
ox
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hillhound;

That WAS a beaver dam. It aint there no-more! I told DJ to take a pic of it as it was likely to NOT be there the next time either of us went through again (I'm the goofy lookin one on the Yammi). They were just starting an extended logging plan in that area. I knew they would be making it more truck freindly soon. It is gone now. 5-6' culvert took it's place. That dam had been there a LONG time too. I can't even find any stumps in the dry swampbed now. There are other sections we run that the dams are right along the trail too and even longer than that one. The trouble lies in when they decide to build one on the wrong side of the trail! They do - do that occasionally.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter

Originally Posted by Pfelect
HillHound
Ive had a little bad luck lately with my Xpedition but I would still recommend it to anybody. Some people have had the shift shaft break. Mine broke but it was an easy fix. My stator also went out, now that was an expensive repair but I think mine was a "freak" failure. I havent seen any other reports on these forums about stator failure on the Xpedition.

I like the Polaris AWD system, the ride is probably superior to other 400 class atvs, and I like the size of the quad although I wouldnt mind it being a little lighter.

All in all, the Xpedition 425 is a great quad. Buy one and ride the wheels off of it!
Where did you find your replacement shifter. I broke mine. If possible part number too.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Little pricey here,but you can also check Partszilla,Cheap Cycle Parts,Bike Bandit as to their prices along with shipping costs.Item#19. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse