Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

EXT questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015 | 04:18 PM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to try over the winter to save enough money to pay cash for a machine. If I can find a left over 450 ho or 570 that a dealer wants to let go cheap I might finance it and then pay it off quickly. Initially I never considered buying a new one but I am not the most mechanically inclined person so if I get something used I don't want it to have a million miles on it. Most of the ones I am finding locally used are not much cheaper then new.

Old 11-07-2015 | 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by flyin-lowe
Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to try over the winter to save enough money to pay cash for a machine. If I can find a left over 450 ho or 570 that a dealer wants to let go cheap I might finance it and then pay it off quickly. Initially I never considered buying a new one but I am not the most mechanically inclined person so if I get something used I don't want it to have a million miles on it. Most of the ones I am finding locally used are not much cheaper then new.
Thats why i bought new, did not want to pay for anothers headache. Keep an eye out, there will be plenty of desls in thr spring.

You will learn a lot once you get it.

Old 11-07-2015 | 04:54 PM
|
Trailblazer

Do ATVs come in like automobiles? Do the dealers have to 2016 models yet or not? Luckily (I think) I live in a small area so I am sure the dealer doesn't move many new machines. Do these smaller dealers hang on to left over models until they are gone or will another dealer trade them to move them.

Old 11-07-2015 | 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

Do ATVs come in like automobiles? Do the dealers have to 2016 models yet or not? Luckily (I think) I live in a small area so I am sure the dealer doesn't move many new machines. Do these smaller dealers hang on to left over models until they are gone or will another dealer trade them to move them.
The 2016 came out late July, so the rebates get better and better may and June. If your dealer is a lower volume desler, you may really score.

Polaris has rebates a few times a year.

Go to the polaris atv site, enter your zip, it will show rebates in your area.

Go visit your dealer and check the atv's out.

Old 11-07-2015 | 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Very much like automobiles, next year models are announced July or August usually. They hit showroom floors around October. That is just in general, but you are looking at my15 as leftovers now. Smaller dealers are less.likely to have much over stock, that is a game the volume guys deal in. Still, you can find leftovers anywhere, and undoubtedly there will be some to be found in the spring.

Old 11-07-2015 | 06:28 PM
|
Trailblazer

Right now here is what the local dealer had in the show room.
http://richmondin.craigslist.org/snd/5296618077.html

Old 11-07-2015 | 06:59 PM
Moto Psycho

Thanks for the video.

Old 11-07-2015 | 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Thanks for the video.
Your wrlcome.

I love the rear wet brake on tne Kodiak. They should of kept the 550.

Old 11-07-2015 | 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dealers will have 2016 models but most will have leftover 2015 and maybe even a few 2014 models still in stock. Those older models that have been sitting around are the machines to get good deals on. They really want to get rid of the older models. The "like new" used machines you see at many dealers many times aren't much less than new models.

Old 11-08-2015 | 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
Dealers will have 2016 models but most will have leftover 2015 and maybe even a few 2014 models still in stock. Those older models that have been sitting around are the machines to get good deals on. They really want to get rid of the older models. The "like new" used machines you see at many dealers many times aren't much less than new models.
I would avoid a 2014 570 like the plague. It has all the first year issues, melting seat, plastics, and overheating.

Quick Reply: EXT questions