Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Looking at a Polaris ACE 570 for my 95 year old dad.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a Polaris ACE 570 for my 95 year old dad.

My 95 year old dad has a gimp knee making it impossible for him to get on a regular ATV. Am I nuts, thinking that he would have fun with one? I am not a Polaris fan, but anyone have one here? He needs something reliable that won't break down, as he won't be able to walk a long distance back. He rides his lawnmower way up on a mountain, makes me nervous that it will break down or leave him stranded. I don't think he needs 32 hp, but the Polaris dealer says the smaller motors are junk.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

570 is a now proven engine. I've seen plenty of people out on the trails with it in a quad, RZR, or ACE and it does very well. Good bottom end and mid-range torque. Not the fastest machine out there but at elevation are pretty good. Only time I saw a lack was the RZR with the 570 up around 10-11,000 ft. Did fine with low and mid-range but lacked top end at that height. I don't know of anyone that has had problems with the 570.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is he able to get in and out of an Ace?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to bring one home to him to try out tomorrow, a 2015 left over 570. We'll see, but I think he'll be able to get in and out of an Ace. He drives a 4x4 Silverado, has no problem, after we installed side steps. He just couldn't lift his leg high enough to get on a conventional ATV and thinks UTV's like the Ranger and Prowlers are too big. Too bad, as I found a great deal on a low miles 700 AC Prowler. If he likes the Ace, I'm going to look at a new 325 cc one at another dealer. Don't think he'll care about hp, as the 570 is detuned to 32 hp, if the 325 is a lot less, I think he'd be happy with that. Gotta say, the dealer started the 570, it purred like a kitten. I like the idea of a roll bar and longer wheel base as well as a bit lower center of gravity.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought about getting an Ace 570 myself. It is considered a utv in my town and utvs can be made semi street legal with the addition of turn signals and mirrors. The new Ace has the 500 engine in it. Same hp as the old 325cc engine but I would think with the extra displacement, it should easily outperform it, especially on low end. And since he"ll probably not be racing anyone, good low end is all you need. The old 325 topped out at about 50 mph, the 500 should at least do that. So it should be plenty fast.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by hydrex
I'm going to bring one home to him to try out tomorrow, a 2015 left over 570. We'll see, but I think he'll be able to get in and out of an Ace. He drives a 4x4 Silverado, has no problem, after we installed side steps. He just couldn't lift his leg high enough to get on a conventional ATV and thinks UTV's like the Ranger and Prowlers are too big. Too bad, as I found a great deal on a low miles 700 AC Prowler. If he likes the Ace, I'm going to look at a new 325 cc one at another dealer. Don't think he'll care about hp, as the 570 is detuned to 32 hp, if the 325 is a lot less, I think he'd be happy with that. Gotta say, the dealer started the 570, it purred like a kitten. I like the idea of a roll bar and longer wheel base as well as a bit lower center of gravity.
I've seen two of the Ace machines out on the trail with the 325 (thought it was a 329 but I digress). Got to talk with a guy who had one out on the trails in NH. He liked it a lot. Said it did fine on any of the rough trails we have up here that you're all too familiar with. Other was in the NW part of NH on some tight twisty trails. Girl driving it did very well and kept a good enough pace. If speed is not an issue it's worth a look. Only drawback I can see is that I don't believe they make it anymore. If they don't the 500 Greg mentioned is a great engine. Not as powerful as the newer 570 but pretty bulletproof. I had two quads with that engine and they did very well, especially for chores that required towing and/or toting.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 500 is a brand new prostar engine. It should be a good engine.

Old 12-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

I got him to drive it, thought it made him grin. But he's old fashioned, thought it was way too much money (it's a present from me) I found a 325 in Jackman, Maine. Now I just have to hear it from him that he liked it. My brother has a Polaris, and thought it would be perfect, as well, having all the safety features that a regular ATV lacks. Pretty sure the 325 is plenty of power for my dad. I like the grease fittings everywhere, AC could take a lesson.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by hydrex
I got him to drive it, thought it made him grin. But he's old fashioned, thought it was way too much money (it's a present from me) I found a 325 in Jackman, Maine. Now I just have to hear it from him that he liked it. My brother has a Polaris, and thought it would be perfect, as well, having all the safety features that a regular ATV lacks. Pretty sure the 325 is plenty of power for my dad. I like the grease fittings everywhere, AC could take a lesson.
Polaris has gone back and forth on the grease fittings. I had an old Xplorer 250 2-stroke that had about 2 dozen of them. When I got my 2006 Sportsman X2 it had about a half dozen. My son's 2005 ATP had about a dozen. Haven't really looked to see how many his 2016 Scrambler has.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

My brother and my dad's girlfriend, yup, he's got a girlfriend about 25 years younger, and I have been working on him, and his lawnmower has been acting up. So, I'd really like to buy it for him, but have to wait till he says ok. Honestly, I liked the ACE much more than I expected, it's just not for me, my old Arctic Cats fit me to a T.