Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'DYNOPORT ALERT'

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last month,I contacted Rich,the owner of ''Dynopit''and told him about what PSI had done to me.PSI sent me a pipe/silencer that did NOT meet Michigans law for sound and also did not have a spark arrester.My requests when ordering from PSI were very clear.Dont send me ANYTHING that will not meet Michigans current ATV laws.I explained in DEAIL Michigan ATV laws/requirements.

I explained to Rich that I was a ASI safety instructor and I could NOT be running around illegally with no spark arrester and a pipe that was over the legal limit in Michigan.He ASSURED me that his pipe/silencer would meet current sound levels for Mi,and that it would surly be spark arrested.He even BRAGGED about installing a downspout to ASSURE that I would be more than legal with my sound.

Well,
I had the pipe tested at my local riding area.It did NOT pass.It come in between 98-99db.That far exceeds the current db sound level of 94db.

I contacted Rich about this problem,he was pissed.He said the guys did not administer the DB sound correctly.I went back to my riding area and told them what Rich had said,they claimed to be doing the test correctly,they even tested me again.Once again,I failed.

I contacted Rich this afternoon,he was VERY rude to me.I asked him for his address and told him his pipe was going to be SENT BACK to him.Once again,I very politely told him that he DID NOT sell me what he stated on the phone when I placed the order.He said that Dynoport has a ''NO RETURN'' policy and that I was stuck with his parts.I told him that we NEVER discussed a NO RETURN policy EVER.He than said he KNEW I would be returning the pipe and he was not even sure why he sold it to me?Than he said he was DONE talking about the pipe and rudely hung up on me.

I called my credit card company today and we will surly be fighting this clown.I thought that it was VERY important to let my fellow ATVers know of these type of dealers.

I CAUTION my fellow ATVers to be AWARE of buying from these types of people.They are ''ORDER TAKERS'' and could care less about what the ATVer really needs!Please be careful,I warned you about this one,
Bill Ciliberti
OO Xplorer 400cc 4x4

Old 04-23-2001, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about what happend Bill. It's amazing how these guys operate. Every company's customers SHOULD come first, especially in a situation like yours, where it truely is not your fault. Hope you get things straightened out.

-Josh

Old 04-24-2001, 12:12 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks, People need to understand that the consumer has the power not the supplier. PUT HIM OUT OF BUSINESS! Ride safe Buy smart, thanks again.

Beefy250

Old 04-24-2001, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

The pipe/silencer was sent back today.Along with a certified letter and a Statement from my riding area's Cheif Ranger stating that the Dynoport pipe failed to meet Michigans sound [db] requirements,not once,but twice.I hope others do not fall prey to this corrupt type of bussiness.

''Live and Learn I Guess''
Bill

Quick Reply: 'DYNOPORT ALERT'