Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RCR Lowend TB Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-1999, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my kit late friday nite and took my bike to Haspin acres today for a trouble free and very exciting afternoon, the difference is nite and day compared to stock there is actully a very noticeable low end power band now which makes woods riding
VERY VERY fun I can wheelie over obstacles and pull the front from a dead stop whith out standing up and JERKING the bars! The fit and finish of the kit is VERY good everything was done in less than two hours and besides looking great it sounds awesome if any one has any questions post or e mail me. Hats off to RCR racing thank you!!!!!! Todd

Old 10-25-1999, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

TODD, Did you have a noticable loss in mid to upper rpm's? Did you have to change clutch springs with this pipe? I'm trying to decide who's pipe to buy....

Old 10-25-1999, 06:21 AM
Range Rover

Todd,
Which primary spring did you go with? Was it a plain spring?
Scott.

Old 10-25-1999, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Yes I did change the primary spring to a RCR plain spring, which was my first time but only took about 15 minutes total with no special tools required, as for mid to top rpm's I could not feel any differance at all I think I may have picked up a mile or two in top speed, it really feels good guys!

Old 10-25-1999, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Scott
How would this pipe differ from the one you have tested ? from what your hearing.

Dennis

Old 10-25-1999, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

I hate to say anything definite without having them side by side. I know I could not pull a wheelie with the plain spring RCR supplies with his pipe without bumping it off something first. I had more power everywhere. Just not enough on the low end to pull wheelies. With the orange spring installed I can do wheelies easy. It engages at a higher rpm. It shifts out at a lower rpm and seems to keep me in the meat of the powerband better. I'm wondering if Todd wouldn't be better servered with the yellow spring. It kicks in at a slightly higher rpm than the rcr plain and shifts out earlier which should keep him in the meat of his powerband better if his pipe is a lowend version of mine.
Scott.

Old 10-25-1999, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

Scott, I would like some help in the primary spring department, Rick recommended the plain spring & said if I wasnt happy to try the green spring instead.He could only give me engagement rpm's at the time and not pounds of force which is how everyone else lists there springs. Im not sure if mine compares to a HPD plain or a hotseat or what? if you know the engagement force on his spring I would like to kwnow for sure. As for wheelies from a dead stop with the plain spring it is easy,going down the trail a fair amount of english is required, If you think another spring would be better which maker are you reffering to so I could look up the specs,I would like to experiment with this a little because it is fairly cheap to try!! thanks alot Todd

Trending Topics

Old 10-26-1999, 06:44 AM
Range Rover

RCR sells HPD springs and OEM. Hot Seat sells OEM springs and that is mainly what HPD and EPI sell.

You should ask Rick if your spring is the plain HPD spring or the plain Polaris spring. The plain Polaris spring engages at a much higher rpm and shifts at a lower rpm.

Until you know this it will be harder to fine tune and at $20 a shot it would suck to order a spring that is totally useless for your power.
Scott.

Old 10-26-1999, 10:15 AM
Range Rover

Todd,
Did you change your secondary? I do a bunch of hill climbing and find changing the secondary for quicker back shift a must.
Scott.

Old 10-26-1999, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

No Scott I did not change the rear,Do you think the violet would be a good choice? do I need any special tools for this? thanks Todd

P.S. Rick said my spring was a HDP plain which engages at 55 and shifts at 216.

[This message has been edited by Todd-007 (edited 10-26-1999).]

Quick Reply: RCR Lowend TB Kit!