Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Engine will crank but wont turn over

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine will crank but wont turn over

2011 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

So i was tiling some stuff the other day and i took a break and guess what the atv wont start. This is what i have done so far.
Checked battery, starter solenoid,Fuses, Wiring harnesses, Starter bendix. Fuel lines for fuel. Fixing to check fluid pressure as soon as i find a guage. However i dont believe thats an issue as squirting fuel into the spark plugs well doesnt seem to make it turn over.
Checked for spark and changed spark plugs as they appeared a little foul still no change.
No error codes on diagnostics.
I am not sure where to go from here.
Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:51 PM
Ruff RIder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtx
2011 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

So i was tiling some stuff the other day and i took a break and guess what the atv wont start. This is what i have done so far.
Checked battery, starter solenoid,Fuses, Wiring harnesses, Starter bendix. Fuel lines for fuel. Fixing to check fluid pressure as soon as i find a guage. However i dont believe thats an issue as squirting fuel into the spark plugs well doesnt seem to make it turn over.
Checked for spark and changed spark plugs as they appeared a little foul still no change.
No error codes on diagnostics.
I am not sure where to go from here.
Any and all suggestions welcomed.
What do you mean "tiling some stuff" do you mean trying? And what exactly were you doing. Hard to diagnose any issues without the complete story.
You state it cranks so it is probably not the battery or Starter. Is the plug getting power? Check all the connections. And if you do not have proper voltage the machine wont start.